Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Personal Dishwasher

Since I am playing catch up on the latest happenings I thought I might as well post some of the 'drafts' I had in my blogging account that I never got around to publishing. This one is from right after we had moved into our house so sometime in April. I thought it was fitting to finally post it,  since our dishwasher just recently decided to go kapoot a few days before Rosie and Steve came into town. I've never been a fan of washing dishes, then again who is?! But I think I despise it more than most. Probably because I've been spoiled with having a dishwasher my whole life and the only time I've really had to wash dishes by hand was the first six months Matt and I were married since our apartment didn't have one. Six months of that was long enough for me! (We ate off a LOT of paper plates during that time). 








 Sawyer has always been a water baby and could play in it for hours if I let him. This last April is was still too cold to play outside so I put him in the sink to "wash" the dishes with warm water. He would just sit there playing and then I could bake or do whatever in the kitchen. In the photos above you can see the green in the backyard out the window. The photos below were taken the very next morning. Notice the white?! Yep, the was the very first snowfall we had while living in our house....and did I mention it was APRIL? 



Finally this past two weeks of having family in town (which luckily meant a lot of eating out so we didn't have to wash dishes 3x a day) we finally got a new one installed thanks to my handy hubby. It's so quiet we can't even tell when it's running. It's a drastic difference compared to the prior one which sounded like a humpback whale dying a slow death. 

1 comment:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

He is good at vacuuming also. Can I hire him to do my dishes?