Sunday, May 22, 2011

Transformations

Remember how I mentioned Matt got me some spray paint for Mother's day? Well, I have gone through those three cans and then some. I've officially become a spray paintin' fool. We had bought this coffee table and some end tables a while ago from a family friend for dirt cheap and I visions of them in white dancing around my head.  I forgot to take a before photo, but the coffee table is the one Sawyer is coloring on below so that gives you an idea what it looked like before it got bedazzled with RustOleum's Heirloom white. 


A little sanding here, a little spraying there, and some extra sanding to give it a sort of distressed look and voila! It's like a totally different table! 



Didn't need to worry about doing too much distressing to it since this little guy and his toy cars took care of that part. Not to self: spray on a coat of sealer afterwards. After the table being used as a round race track hundreds of times since this photo was taken, we may have to spray on more touch up paint and will be sure seal it that time!!


Check out this little table. 
Before:



A can of turquoise and some new knobs later and I've got myself a super cute stand up jewelry box!




I'm having so much fun, can you tell?? Maybe too much fun! 

1 comment:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

The jewelry box is beautiful. Is it full of sparkly stuff yet?