Sunday, May 22, 2011

Home-ifying

Found these awesome car themed shelves from a consignment store last weekend. So cute! Matt put them up in Sawyer's room over the weekend. 




And no, that is not man cologne on the small red shelf. That would be a room freshener that is much needed because the Soy boy really knows how to stink up his room during the night. P.U. 



My Aunt Linda had given me this boat shelf that she had used in her bathroom decor before. I gave it a fresh coat of paint: grey on the inside and a turquoise on the outside called Santa Monica blue. Very fitting since I want this bathroom to have a beach theme. I have my eye on the cutest vintage looking beach shower curtain at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Plus a beach theme is the perfect way to showcase the shells we had collected and brought back from Australia. Some of the ones on the boat are actually Linda's from the Oregon Coast, but no one needs to know that. Except I just told you. Shoot.


And then this is the light in our stairway that is so teensy tiny. I have high hopes of trading out that little guy for a big black chandelier or lantern. How am I affording to do all these purchases and revamps that I have in mind? I forgot to mention that I'm doing hair again to fuel this little house decorating habit.  Let me know if are in need of highlights, a haircut, color, you name it. I've got lots of projects that need  funding! :) 

1 comment:

Kent and Leisy said...

that little light is ridiculous :) and I love the shelves for sawyer! so cool!!