Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lake Lowell

Apparently there is a lake that is really close to where we live now. Matt's friend Kyle in California reminded me of its existence when he googled our new address and saw it. The whole time I grew up here I only remember going to it once when I went boating with friends. Lucky Peak was always closer so we would usually go there, but now Lake Lowell in Nampa is just a 15 minute drive. 
First we stopped by the visitors center where they have a little kids corner with birds that whistle their unique song when you squeeze them. Sawyer was pretty fond of this particular bird.


Then Matt tried to help him color, but Sawyer was more interested in taking all the crayons out of the bucket and putting back in then he was in actually using them. 



He gave this little dead stuffed creature a pet or two. 
 Hand sanitizer, anyone??


It was the perfect weather to go the lake. In the 80's with a nice breeze. We were both surprised at the lack of people that were there considering what a warm day it was. 



I hadn't anticipated us actually going for a swim, hence the lack of swim suits. 


And some mere toe dipping wasn't enough to satisfy this little water bug. Oh no, he wanted to go ALL the way in.  


His diaper soaked up all the water and was a good 5 pounds once I took it off of him. After he was completely drenched we just him down in the water with his shovel to scoop up all the sand rocks. He had a great time, wore himself out, and now we are all about taking a lazy Saturday afternoon nap. 


Can't forget this photo.
 Now that's just embarrassing. 

2 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh that looks wonderful! I love lake swimming and the water there looks so clear. I remember moving to Utah for school and I just couldn't get over Utah Lake. It looks great from a distance, but it really never became more than a canoe lake for me.

HowellAZ said...

Ha ha - baby butt crack!