Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama's Day

Yesterday I woke up and discovered I was all alone in bed and it was 8:00 am. Matt had gotten up with Sawyer and let me sleep in. Pure bliss. And yes 8:00 is considered sleeping in now that we have a kid. I got up to tell Matt thanks a bunch for letting me stay a while longer in dreamland and found out I had a present and a card. I love cards!!! Seriously, I think they are way more thoughtful than flowers or chocolates or gifts or even a million dollars. And to top it off, it was a homemade one that he and Sawyer had made together for me. Very sweet. My Mama's Day would have been complete at that point, but then I opened my present to see three cans of spray paint that I have been dying to get my hands on and in the exact colors I wanted.  I have a coffee table, a side table, and two end tables I want to paint and distress. The card and spray paint meant the world to me because it means that my husband was listening to me. And really, that's all a girl could ask for :) 

The funny thing was the night before when we were going to sleep I told Matt that as soon as my finals were over I wanted to go get some spray paint. I couldn't remember what the white color was called, and Matt said "it's Heirloom white". Turns out he had already gotten them for me. Sneaky!


And as I was uploading photos last night I found these gems in iPhoto that I'd never seen before. Classic! I'm betting these were taken on a Friday afternoon when I was in my Chem lab and Matt was watching Sawyer at my parents house. 



Good thing there's only one of the little boys in real life and not two! This morning Sawyer dumped my cell phone in a glass of water and then pulled a carton of eggs off the counter and onto the floor into a pile of gooey egg yolks and shells.  I realize that both of those scenarios are rites of passage for toddlers. I'm just grateful he got them both over and done with in a span of ten minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day you had! It is so nice when the husbands take over for a while. Life here is busy and I haven't had that much luck with my guy taking the little one for a while; he is working so hard for us and this is the only way I can stay home with the kiddo. I love them so. You are so right; just to have the hubbys listening and acknowledging you is all you need! Happy Mother's Day and enjoy the help and time with your fellas!