Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Rocznica

Wonder what rocznica is? It's polish for anniversary! Happy anniversary to my bestie Matt and I. Five years ago on May 20th I took not only Matt as my husband, but also his Polish last name Koprowski as my own to forever spell out and tell people how to correctly pronounce it. I've become quite good at explaining how it's spelled just like it sounds: Ko (like Co but with a K) -Prow-Ski. And thankfully with it's nine letters I can break it down into three trio's of letters when spelling it out over the phone to schedule appointments, K-O-P,  R-O-W,  S-K-I. And now you all know how to pronounce and spell our last name. 

To celebrate just the two of us, my parents watched Sawyer for us. The Soy boy did
THIS.


And THIS.


While were were doing THIS.  


First we walked around the farmer's market in downtown Boise snacking on samples, watching the kids run through the fountains at the Grove and thinking how we needed to take Sawyer back there sometime. Then starting at Anne Morrison park we rode the green belt alongside the river for nine miles. 



And lastly, we stopped in at the Ram for a celebratory lunch of their incredibly scrumptious peanut butter burger and their mile high Mud Pie for dessert. I was so full when we got back I couldn't even think about food until this morning. Really. 


It was fun getting to hang out together during the daylight hours instead of just going for a movie and dinner at night. Without getting too mushy, I'm so thankful I married Matt five years ago. God placed him into my life at the perfect moment and since then life has never been better!  I'm so glad to be Kristen Marie Koprowski. 
Plus it's fun to say.
 Seriously, try it :)

3 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! - glad you had a good time-- the babysitters sure did.

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Happy Anniversary! I have a funny story about your last name, but I'll tell you when I'm in town. Only a few weeks!!! YAY!!

Sven & Trin said...

I always though your last name was pronounced exactly the way it looks, and spelled exactly the way it sounds. Weird that so many people have a problem with it. As an Anderson I can't really feel your pain. Living in Hawaii, though, I get to spell my address a lot. :)
Happy Anniversary!