Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm Crazy for Lists

I love lists and could give you a list of a million reasons why plus a detailed list of all the lists I like to make. I've come across a few really good ones from friends blogs (or friends of a friend of a friend) and have no shame when admitting I've resorted to stealing them rather than making up my own. So here is a rundown of my 2010 year in list format.


1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I honestly don't remember my resolutions from last year. They probably were something like lose weight, which I did do, sort of. I did run a marathon so that was a big goal I could check off my list. I'm sure that had been a long running new years resolution for a few years in a row. This year I have made more. Matt isn't big into resolutions, but it goes against my very nature to not make any. Like I said, I really like lists!

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Practically every other person on my blog list had a child (or 2) this year.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Not in 2010.

4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
Our very own house!

5. What date from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
August 5, 2010 which was Matt's big 3-0 birthday and we were celebrating it down under in Australia! That was a once in a lifetime adventure. Still salivating for their amazing passion fruit.

6. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Running the Nike women's marathon and training for it while still nursing Sawyer. Which brings to my next big achievement which was nursing for a full year. (if whomever I stole this post from happens to find mine, interestingly enough we have those two achievements in common from 2010!)

7. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to show compassion towards those I am angry at. 
Working on it.

8. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Go-card when we were on vacation in Australia which allowed us to travel around on the buses, ferries, and trains.


9. Where did most your money go?
Hmmmm I've wondered that very same thing. I would say most of it went to the three S's: school, Sawyer, and savings.

10. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Idaho. Ironically enough, moving back to the place I'd originally wanted so badly to move away from so I could experience big city living! Well now I've experience it. Suddenly the idea of living in a place with more conservative values became a priority, as well as a place where could actually afford daycare.
Kids really do change everything.

11. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Richer, far happier and somewhat thinner.

12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read more good books.

13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watched far less TV.

14. What was your favorite TV program?
Greek.

15. What was the best book you read?
I honestly don't think I read one single novel in 2010. I read lots of school books, but those definitely don't count. I did read The Hunger Games starting right after the New Year and I loved it!! Working on the second book right now.

16. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That there are cd's that have transformed music from The Beatles all the way to Eminem into baby lullabies (just the tune, not the lyrics). Absolutely genius. Sawyer is currently sleeping away with the melody of "I want to hold your hand" wafting through his room.

17. What did you want and get?
To travel.
Went to: Idaho for Thanksgiving/Dad's 50th birthday, Utah for snowboarding in February, June for Bryson's high school graduation, Australia for Matt's birthday, San Francisco in October for my marathon, and Idaho again for Thanksgiving. And Sawyer accompanied us on every last one. What a world traveler even before the age of 1!

18. What did you want and not get?
I guess it's a good sign that I've been stuck on this question for quite some time and can't think of a single thing.

19. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Who would have ever thought that I, the skeptic of all things cartoon would ever admit it, but the movie UP was one of my favs. But please do tell, is Russell asian or hispanic? Yeah you don't know either, do you? Or maybe, like my brother in law just said, he's Pacific Islander.

20. What did you do on your birthday?
I ran 20 miles on the beach in Ventura in light of my marathon training. And the feeling of pride I felt afterwards was the best birthday present (minus the cramping in both of my legs on the drive home).

21. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have gotten into a nursing program so I can actually get this ball rolling to becoming a nurse. I swear it's gonna happen....someday.

22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Faded, old and in dire need of a revival.
Thanks to a personal (family) fashion consultant and a shopping spree I could finally show myself in public again.

23. What kept you sane?
The MOM's group I went to every Tuesday morning at my church.

24. What political issue stirred you the most?
Two words: Healthcare Bill.

25. Who did you miss?
My father in law Ed.
I would have loved to have seen him play with Sawyer. They would have bonded in an instant.

26. Who was the best new person you met?
All the mom's I met through my MOM's group.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
If you don't like something, change it. But complaining about it doesn't change a thing.


And because a post just isn't the same without a photo. Here are two photos I found on my parent's computer from when the S was just a little soybean.






1 comment:

kwriter said...

Ed would have loved Sawyer, but I do not think he would have let him stay anywhere but our house. He may have given you and Matt visitation rights :)