Monday, January 17, 2011

Givens

Friday night my sister Megan and her husband Kevin drove into town from Washington to spend the holiday weekend with us. And when I say us, what that really means is that they specifically came to see Sawyer. They just left this morning and every night they were here other friends and family came over to visit and we stayed up late playing cards and/or talking until midnight. The party went on long after, but Matt and I's cut off time was midnight since it's no fun getting up at 6 with a wide awake kid when you've only had a few hours of sleep. We found that out rather quickly!

Saturday afternoon we went to Givens hot springs and had a nice long soak in the pool. 



And so did about 40 other people, who had the same great idea on how to spend their Saturday afternoon. It wasn't crowded in the deep end though so we got Sawyer a floaty and all hung out there. The last time we went to Givens and took Sawyer there were maybe 4 other people there. 


Meggy Weggy and I trying to stay afloat. Oh who am I kidding, we float rather well. I'm sure that's because of all our muscles :)


S. was wiped out by the end. We placed bets on how fast he would fall asleep in the car on the way back. Kevin won with a guess of 15 minutes. I thought for sure it would only take 2. He did sleep really well that night, as did I!




The hot spring addicts.
I was laughing when I saw Megan's not so subtle wink in this photo, but she swore she didn't know what I was talking about until I showed her. Turns out she actually had water in her eye! 

Fun fact for the day: The turquoise color of the water is actually the color it comes out of the ground as. My dad knows a farmer in that area who said that not only is it naturally turquoise, but he also had to wait for it to cool down before he can use it to water his crops! 

2 comments:

Shalee said...

How fun! I've actually never been there but i might just have to go sometime! I love the picture of Sawyer!

HowellAZ said...

WOW! The hot springs look like a lot of fun, albeit very crowded! S looked like he was having a good old time floating around in the deep end with the big people.
I also think it's adorable that S is obsessed with dogs. Him and Jett will have a lot to talk about when they get together next time. Maybe they can share their favorite books...dogs and trucks! :)