Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Love McCall

So far this weekend has been a much needed relaxing one. We started yesterday by getting up early to head to McCall, Idaho with my dad, Uncle Bob, and cousins Bridger and Carson. My parents have a cabin there that they rent out, so it was important that we learn the ropes of what could potentially need to be done while they are away in Australia. 

This is the front of the cabin. They purchased it over 10 years ago, did a complete remodel and have been renting it out ever since. It has 5 huge bedrooms and enough beds to sleep almost up to 30 people.  The best part is that it's only 12 miles away from Brundage resort, 15 minutes away from Tamarack resort and the Activity Barn where you can go tubing and sledding is just right down the road.  I've really only been up there maybe 10 times because I was a senior in high school when they got it and then moved away not long after. We did spend one Christmas there after we were first married and it was so much fun to have all the family together in one place and play in the snow. Now that we only live 2 hours away we are looking forward to utilizing it a lot more! 



After eating burgers at My Fathers Place and finishing up at the cabin we headed to Gold Fork hot springs. On second thought perhaps I shouldn't be blogging about how amazing those springs are so I can keep it our little secret :) No, but really they are one of the best ones I've ever been to. It's super scenic as you can tell by the photo below, costs only $8 to get in, and there are 5 pools in total. Which pool you decide to go in depends on what you consider to be hot water. The 1st just about cooked me, the 3rd one was more like bathwater, but had a nice white sand bottom. The 2nd pool was just right. 


We stayed in the water until we were good and wrinkly. I saw a couple with a 5 month old baby in the less hot pools and for a split second missed Sawyer because I knew he would have had a blast swimming in the springs too. We had left him behind to play with Grandma; hence, the very much relaxing day I was having :)


This is the official road that was put in last year by the cabin because the acreage it's on was broken up into lots to sell. So far in this economy none have sold so far, but that's okay because in the mean time we can enjoy the view!  


I got two naps in on the trip, one going up to the cabin and one going back. I must have needed them because the second one I took was on Matt's shoulder and when I woke up I had drooled. Ha, that's when you know it was a really good nap! (Sorry hubby)

Then this morning I got sleep in an extra two hours and Matt even brought me some homemade hot chocolate in bed! 

Snow, hot springs, and hot chocolate in bed, now that's the life!

2 comments:

Shalee said...

Oh I miss McCall! I haven't been in such a long time! I might have to check out those hot springs though...they looked pretty nice! Looks like you guys had a great time! So glad you got to relax!!!

Lauryl said...

i love McCall, too!