Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Middle of the Week Vacay Day

What better day to take off than right smack in the middle of the week?  We needed to head up to McCall and do some maintenance at my parents cabin anyway so we decided to make it into a mini vacation day. 

First order of business: sleeping in.
Even Sawyer slept in later than usual so he must have known today was not a typical Wednesday. The drive to McCall was so pretty and the only music that seemed appropriate to listen to was some good ol' John Denver! Too bad we couldn't find any of his songs on the XM radio. Instead we laughed, listening to "The Emperor's New Groove" that Sawyer was watching in the back. I have yet to actually see that movie, but from hearing it play in the car I think I could quote every line now. Luckily the lines are so hysterical that it hasn't gotten old yet. 

Once we hit Donnely, it started snowing, but the flakes coming down were so light and fluffy they just danced around on the air. It looked like we were in the middle of a snow globe that has just been shaken up! We got to the cabin at about 11 and from the moment we walked in, to the moment we left, Sawyer was zipping around the whole place. The cabin is roughly 3200 square feet (is that right, dad?) and sleeps about 22 people and since they rent it out it has minimal furniture which  =  lots of wide open space for him to run around and dispel some energy.

We finished at the cabin around 12:30 and had some burgers at My Fathers Place. They were unbelievably delicious, like usual. Before we left town to go to Gold Fork Hot Springs we stopped at the McCall Drug store which I absolutely love because they have the most random, cute toys and gifts there. Since Sawyer had been so good on the drive up and while we were at lunch, we bought him this stick horse there.
It was love at first gallop.   


And lastly, we floated, splashed, swam and soaked in the hot springs for almost two hours. I wish I had brought my camera so I could have taken some photos while we were there.
 It was the perfect way to end the day. 
After we left, S. konked out in the car for pretty much the whole way home. I did too, but I'm a narcopletic when it comes to being a passenger on car rides. 
Seriously. 

Now we are home, Sawyer is in bed, but I refuse to do an ounce of homework this evening because it's technically still vacation day! 

And lastly, below is a video that has nothing to do with today, but I've been meaning to post it. 

4 comments:

rachel garber said...

What a fun day! I could have totally used a vacay in the middle of the week kind of day. This week has been L.O.N.G. and lame. So glad you were able to make the most of it . . . so jealous that you went to McCall too!

HowellAZ said...

CLASSIC video of S pulling Moxie around in a wagon. Oh, and your vacay day sounds splendid as well. Gotta love Idaho!

AD said...

I bet Moxie thinks she's some kind of royalty now. Greta would not have stayed in there like that!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT SHOW THAT KID IS JUST SO SMART AND CUTE TOO. GRANDMA MATTHEWS