Sunday, March 13, 2011

Camel's Back Park

Yesterday we ventured out to play at the park since it was warm outside. Well, the upper 50's anyway which is warm by Idahoan standards. Camel's Back Park was my all time favorite park as a kid. There's this massive hill with tons of trails to hike up and over to the other side where there's a few ponds down below. They used to have this AMAZING playground there with long metal slides going down half of the hillside, but those were torn down years ago for a 'safer' playground made out of plastic. Dang lawsuits. Don't bring your kid to the park if you never want them to get hurt and are going to sue when they do! Maybe you should  watch them more carefully. Sheesh. Alright, while I am super dissappointed that all the 'cool' toys from my generation have been replaced with lame plastic ones, I guess ranting doesn't change anything! And it's not like Sawyer knows what he's missing out on anyway :) 
He did really enjoy this dinosaur bouncing toy, as evidenced from his toothy grin below.


We swung on the swings for awhile while Matt took some photos. 


And then he captured this one, which I absolutely
L-O-V-E. 


After playing on the toys we attempted to walk up one of the trails to get to the top of the hill and take some photos, but it was much too difficult due to the combination of our recent lack of exercise and pushing the stroller up an incline. Instead we opted to go AROUND the hill instead of over it. There were tons of people out walking and running with their dogs. One of those dog walkers stopped to take this photo of us. I did myself and all of you a favor by ever so slightly cropping my bum out of it. Diminishing it's rotund size is a current work in progress. 


While on our walk we encountered the very first caterpillar of spring! I have always loved cute fuzzy little caterpillars and wanted to pass that on to Sawyer so I let him touch it in my hands. The result? A very squished and very dead little bug that will never get the chance to become a butterfly. Apparently Sawyer's touch was more of a death squeeze. I should have known since he'd already been dubbed the caterpillar killer at 5 months in this photo you can see here


And this photo is for Matt's mom Carol. Look familiar? :) She took a photo of Matt (when he was about Sawyer's age) of he and his dad walking hand and hand. It is priceless.
 You can see it here. 


I love Saturdays like this one.
 Outdoors, enjoying God's creation and the company of my two favorite men. 


5 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! I love the pictures! I love the one with Sawyer in the swing with his little hands hanging over the side and you in the back ground! And I love the one of Sawyer and his daddy hand in hand! Beautiful!

HowellAZ said...

Looks like an enjoyable Saturday! It has been very warm lately and even though today looks like it will rain, we have been taking advantage of the warm temps. Funny how the definition of warm changes once you move out of places like California or Arizona!
You guys got some really good pictures, even the one where your cropped your bootie. :)
I can't wait for these boys to get together and do all their toddler stuff simultaneously!

kwriter said...

I love the picture of Matt and Sawyer! Ed loved walking with Matt, holding Matt's then little hand in his. I love seeing the tradition get passed down to the next generation.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Camels Back is a good park, there are lots of paths to explore on the backside. Did you get to the top so you could see the view? Looks like a fun day of swinging and sunshine.

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

What a fun Saturday! I love that picture too, with him on the swing & you in the back - so cute :)

Ps. I'm glad you got to go to u-swirl & I'm glad you loved it :)