Thursday, March 24, 2011

Little This, Little That


Sawyer found a teddy bear on one of my parent's bookshelves. I hope they don't want it back, since he has laid claim to it.  Right after he'd found it,  Matt saw him standing at the top of the stairs hugging the bear tight with the its head nuzzled into his neck. Where's the camera when you need it?! This photo was taken not long after. 



My sister Megan and her husband Kevin came into town to spend their spring break here in Boise. Kevin is in the Air Force so one day we all went out to the base in Mountain Home for fun. On the way home Sawyer was getting antsy sitting in his carseat, so we handed him a tissue box so he could play 
"Pull Every Last Tissue Out".
He was VERY good at that game. 


 His glee at having tissues floating all around him was so worth the $1.50 that the box cost. Plus we just stuffed them all back in it when he was done. They're still clean, right?!


That same night Matt and I had planned a date night, a long overdue overnight date!! Our first since Sawyer was born 18 months ago. I'm still not sure why we waited so long to get away for a night. We had booked a stay at the Oxford Suites in Boise. They have a Romance Package there that is a such a good deal! If you live in the area and want to check it out, you can find it here.  With it we got a gift card to go to Goodwood for dinner and a gift certificate to Panache Spa. I tried a few weeks prior to book a couple's massage for us to have before dinner, but they didn't have any available for that day. They would even have sent a limo to the hotel to pick us up in! I think I was more excited about the limo ride than the massage itself. I was bummed we would have to save the certificate for a later date, but I'm pretty sure Matt was relieved since he was more than a little squeemish about the idea of having some random masseuse rub him with scented oil. Guess I'll be using the full certificate for myself! No complaints there ;)


After dinner we went and saw the movie Limitless. It was really good, well if you like twisted movies that play games with your head. We do. 
The next morning we got to sleep in until 9! What extravagance! No seriously, I can't remember the last time that happened. Aaaah. Relaxation. After a nice breakfast we were refreshed and reenergized enough to go back home and play with this Thomas the train obsessed little man. 



Kevin and Megan bought him a remote control Thomas that he takes everywhere with him! In the car, in his crib, in the stroller. One day when Sawyer would NOT take a nap because he was too busy "driving" Thomas all over the sides and rails of his crib I finally had to go in and take the train away. I told him Thomas needed to take a nap too. So Thomas napped in the toybox and Sawyer finally napped in his crib. 


And F.Y.I. for anyone who cares. I have "unplugged" myself from Facebook until the end of the semester. Once finals are over, maybe I'll decide to reactivate my Facebook account.  I haven't decided yet. But for anyone who wants to get a hold of me in the meantime, you probably have my cell # and if not you can get a hold of me through my email which is kkprow@gmail.com. 

5 comments:

rachel garber said...

So proud of you!! You'll never want to see FB again after a break, I promise!

Also - you liked Limitless hu? Ryan and I saw it on Saturday night and we weren't that impressed. We thought it had a good idea going but just kind of fell flat, especially the whole scene in his apartment with the three guys.

Glad you got time away and sooo happy I got to see you! Thanks again for coming!

kwriter said...

When you come to visit LA, we MUST take Sawyer to Traveltown in Griffith Park--lots of trains! I really miss all of you!

kwriter said...

When you come to visit LA, we MUST take Sawyer to Traveltown in Griffith Park--lots of trains! I really miss all of you!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

Are you serious - no date night in 18 months! That is way too long, I'm glad you guys got to get a way (to Boise .... hehe) and have a date night!

Thanks for the idea of the tissue box game - looks like he had fun & like you said, it's really no mess, I'll have to remember that one.

Jason & Shannon said...

Ahhhh! I love that he is so good at that game! Looks like a lot of fun! You deserve that spa day all to yourself! I want to hear all about it when you use it!