Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just Some Stuff

I am staying up until 11 just so I can watch Britney Spears make an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. It's spring break which means no homework which means I am going to stay up late just because I can. I've got an hour to go until it airs, so I figured in the meantime I would blog about our week. 
This last Saturday we were able to attend a luncheon for my Great Great Grandma Dee's 90th birthday! There was a lot of family celebrating her birthday and we were able to visit with some, but our time at the luncheon was brief since a cranky 'someone' needed a nap big time. (And no, I'm not talking about me.) I tried to borrow some of the photos from it off my Grandpa's Facebook, but to no avail. Did they make it harder to take pictures off of someone else's Facebook account? Not, that I used to do that before or anything. Which by the way my Facebook hiatus lasted all of two days. *Sigh* I felt too disconnected from what all my friends and family were doing! 

Yesterday we bought  $60 dollars worth of gift certificates to KID2KID for only $30! It's a kids consignment store in the area where we had found some nice winter clothing for Sawyer when we first moved here. We figured we could buy him a ton of summer clothing with those. I went to the store this morning and used one of the $20 vouchers. We left with two jackets, three pairs of shorts, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of overalls, a book, and a little pull-back train. What Sawyer really wanted and had eyed the moment we walked in was the Thomas the Train carrying case that sat high up on a shelf and was filled with metal trains. After Matt and I thought about it the rest of the day, we ended up going back with another voucher to get it. Technically because we only paid half of what the vouchers were worth, we really only ended up paying $8 for the whole case. When we got home Matt looked it up online and for what we got, there were people on Ebay trying to sell the exact same carrying case for $40 and that's without the trains inside it! 



We figured his train obsession seems like it is here to last and the fact that he played with those things for three hours straight when we got home justified us spending the voucher on toys instead of summer clothes! Besides, summer is all about letting your kids run around naked anyway, right?


Then tonight we had our favorite dinner. It's a tradition Matt's family introduced to me to when I first moved to California and I'm so glad they did: Chili Spaghetti!!

 Spaghetti + a can of Hormel Chili (preferably the one with no beans) + some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top = one tasty dinner that is perfect on a 
cold day, which today most definitely was.






 Bath time!! 
I tried to be somewhat modest and blur out Sawyer's nether regions. I can't help it if I think a baby bum is one of the cutest things in the world! I mean really, its the only bottom that dimples look good on! 


And that concludes the Koprowski week wrap up. 

4 comments:

HowellAZ said...

SCORE! That is a great find - I just love how Sawyer is obsessed with trains. These boys need to get together and share their obsessions with moving vehicles. Too bad we don't live closer so as to better enjoy all their similarities. This is fun age...I mean, I'm a bit exhausted chasing the squirt around, but it's still fun. :)

endlessglowbyjessica said...

I love this boy and his train obsession! You should totally copy the list thing... I copied it from Kami, who got it from someone, so that's just how it works. :) Thanks for your comment by the way... you are the person I was excited to reconnect with via blogging! And Steve, my stepdad, is a great guy! Couldn't ask for a better dad! Just wanted to write back and I think it's easier to comment on your blog than mine and hope you read it! :) I want to meet your little naked man this summer! I have to plan a trip to B-town when it gets warm.... b/c let's face it, Boise is best in the summer! (Well, for non snowboarders like me! :)

Amy and Craig said...

That's such a Cincinnati thing! They have chili there they serve on spaghetti noodles! You really are one of my most favorite bloggers! so entertaining!

Amy and Craig said...

Did you get the vouchers on Groupon? way to score! sadly, we don't have "kid to kid" here. "Once upon a child" is pretty decent usually if you can find one!