Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Fun For a Few Hours

Yesterday my brother Bryson and cousin Sarah were making the long trek back to Idaho from Australia.  Unlucky for them, they had a 7 hour layover at LAX. Lucky for me, that meant I got to go hang out with them for the afternoon! 

I picked them up at 11 and we headed to, where else, but Cafe Rio for some lunch.



Then we headed to the beach so they could breathe in some fresh ocean air instead of that nasty recycled air they'd been inhaling on the plane for 14 hours. 


Bryson sported a new accessory for awhile, but he got some funny looks. Perhaps we should have made Sawyer hold a sign that read "He's my Uncle" I love that Sawyer is imitating Bryson's infamous squinty peepers in the photo below.  


Sarah, Sawyer and I soaking in the rays. We were only at the beach for maybe an hour, but my shoulders today say otherwise. They got fried! Sawyer ended up falling asleep and I was holding him the majority of the time in my arms all covered except for his nose was showing so he could breathe. Guess what got sunburnt? Yep you guessed it. He looks like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer today and I feel really bad I forgot to put sunblock on his little face. 


Bry and Sarah testing the water to see if California or Australia water is warmer. Australia won. 


Sawyer dipped in his toes and was in love with the waves. Sarah and I attempted at taking a video of him kicking his feet in the water, but we had some technical difficulties as in when I thought I was pushing the stop recording button I was really starting to record and vice versa. You'll see if you watch it. Still I had to post it just for the 2 second blip at the end where Sawyer is kicking his feet like crazy in the water because he does it so quick it looks like the video is on fast forward.



It was a lot of fun to hang out with them even if our visit was brief. Hearing about all their crazy adventures overseas makes me even more excited for our trip. They had a long list of things we needed to do and check out when we are over there. Thanks for spending your torturously long layover with me instead of the airport Bry and Sarah! 

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

I just kept fast-forwarding to the leg kicking portion - it is hilarious! That kid can MOVE! Can't wait to see him kick in person in a few weeks!