Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meridian High Long May You Be Remembered

Last Thursday I got to hang out with a friend from high school, Jessica Hintz. We weren't super close in high school, but blogging and facebook have a way of turning just about anyone into good friends. I had so much fun with her that now I'm wondering why we didn't hang out more when we had the chance back in the day! 

Jessica was visiting her cousin in Hermosa Beach and I live in Porter Ranch so we met halfway in Westwood right by UCLA. We went to dinner at BJ's so she could try their infamous cider and pizookie's (Which by the way Leisy, I'm pretty The Chocolate got their idea for a cazookie from this restaurant. I think I'm going to make one tomorrow and call it the krizooski. )


We were at our table from 6:30 to close which was around 11 pm. Our poor waiter! We seriously couldn't help it though, we had 8 years to catch up on! I finally made it home around 1 a.m. which is way past my bedtime as my frequent yawning the next day made me well aware. I had such a blast that now I'm wondering if that means that:

a) I secretly wanted to be away from S. who is glued to my hip as of late
b) I need to have more girls nights out
or
c) Jessica is just a really fun person to hang out with and talk to.

I'm going with answer C (although a girls night out once a month I could definitely benefit from) 





Thanks Jessica for braving the insane traffic on the 405 just to meet up with me! Any chance you can move in with your cousin? Come on,  you know you want to trade Seattle rain for California sun! :)

3 comments:

Sven & Trin said...

After reading this title I officially have the school song stuck in my head. Mostly because I was just singing it to Husband last month while we were staying at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch, Germany (because our song was set to the tune of "Edelweiss"). I was quickly informed what a huge nerd I am. :)
You girls look cute. I love meeting up with old friends!

The Nielsons said...

How fun! I'm not real close with Jessie now but were friends in high school so tell her hi from me. I totally agree with all of your answers of why such a long night :) When you come back to Boise, you and I should get out for a girls night with some of our other high school friends.

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm going with d. all of the above! :) I went to eclipse this weekend with some girlfriends and I don't even like the dumb vampire movies/books- but it was so fun to be out with fun girls and NO kids!!! and I think I'm going to be making a lezookie this weekend :)