Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Goal

As most people know one of my biggest goals has been to complete a marathon. Now I'm finally making that happen this October in San Francisco. I joined a team called team in training who gets you marathon ready. We have practice every Saturday where they have teaching clinics on nutrition, injury prevention, as well as many others and then we do our long runs together. Last Saturday was 8 miles, next Saturday is 10, then 12, then 14....eventually we'll get to where we can run 20 miles and then come race day the idea is that the adrenaline and excitement will get you through the extra 6.2 miles. I really hope that's true!

In order to run the race I have to raise a minimum of $3,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I could have just flat out paid the $125 fee to do it, but I liked this idea better of joining a a team as well as raising money to help others. Initially I thought , 3,000? that should be easy! Boy, was a wrong. As anyone can tell you who has fundraised, it's a lot of work! 

So far I've almost reached $1,000 thanks to the generosity of so many! Thank you family, friends and even strangers who have donated thus far. It means more to me than you know! 

This Sunday at Pick Up Stix in Granada Hills I'm doing a fundraiser to help reach my goal of $3,000. For anyone who brings in this flyer and orders food, 20% of the purchase will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The fundraiser is all day from open to close. I won't personally be there all day (we are going around 6ish for dinner) but I really hope to have a good turn out! If you live in the area  please go have some delicious orange chicken and you can enjoy eating it knowing you are helping people like these.

If you don't live in the area and would still like to help please click here which will take you to my TNT website where you can read more about what The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission is and donate on line.






To Print Flyer


1. Right-click and choose "Save image as" and save image to your desktop.

2. Open the saved image and print the flyer.
3. Take flyer & go buy lots of good food!


No comments: