Saturday, August 7, 2010

Australia Part Uno

We've been down under for a few days now and am just barely getting a chance to blog about our trip so I have to backtrack a little. Before we left we decided S. needed his first trim. He was starting to grow a mullet so we had to nip that in the bud. No WT here. 

As you can see, he was less than amused that he had to part with his locks. 


Monday Aug 2 we got on an airplane at midnight and 14 hours plus plenty of sleep inducing benadryl later we arrived in Sydney where we then boarded another plane on to Brisbane. 

Once in Brisbane my parents met us at our gate and we all took a taxi back to their apartment in Toowong. We needed to stay up the rest of the day so we could acclimate to the Australia time. It was hard work! I was feeling pretty dizzy, almost like my body had flown across the world, but my brain still had to catch up. Even today I've still had a few moments where the room starts to spin a little. To keep us awake we decided to board the ferry on the river right in front of their apartment. I found out that bull sharks have been spotted in it and there have been a few incidents with them. If I was even thinking about sticking a toe in the water that changed my mind right then and there! 



That night we gave my mom her 50th birthday jewels from us, Ben and Chantal, Megan and Kevin, and Bryson. They were sapphire and diamond earrings and a necklace. I'm guessing by the look on her face that she liked them, a lot!



The first day my dad and mom snuggled Sawyer up. I think my dad was really enjoying wearing his grandson around town. 





Sawyer has been eating up every second of it. 


And every second I've been eating, my newfound favorite food....



 Passionfruit! 
My dad got me hooked when he me try a bite of his. He was soon sorry once he wanted one for breakfast the next morning and they were all gone. We had to go to the store to get more and stocked up on 16. That should last until at least tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

How fun! I love the pictures! I want to go to Australia, it looks like you are having a blast!

rachel garber said...

I'm lost - what are you parents doing living there? Totally jealous!