Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Presidents Weekend in the Beehive State

It's a good thing a picture speaks a thousand words because I have lots to say about our fun filled fabulous weekend, but no time to type . We've been back home for a whole 24 hours now though so there's no excuse to not have them up yet. 




At our hotel after arriving in Utah around midnight Wednesday night. He's looking a little cozy. Great, does this mean he'll want a king size when he upgrades to a big boy bed?


Hi grandma!!!


Park City. Hello  snow,  I've missed you so. 
❄❅❄


All the men I



Dad and I. 




Grandma babysat while we were out playing in the snow. When we finally got back Sawyer looked at me with this face as if saying "are you my mother?"



Confirmation complete. You ARE my mother!



Wasn't quite big enough to go on the mountain with us, but still showed his support!




At Brick Oven later that night having a dinner par-tay with all the extended family.

 



Sawyer made his rounds to see all the cousins. 
Pretty sure he got a big kick out of Janna, Tanner and Shannon. 



Bath time for stinky. 



Unfortunately after getting dropped off at the airport at 9:30 am on Tuesday we found out our flight had been rescheduled for the next day.  Another misfortune was that I had an exam that night that  I needed get back in time to take!



Luckily we were able to get another flight on the same day, but not until 5 pm.
So we spent the next seven hours roaming the halls of the SLC airport. And thank goodness for super technologically advanced phones because Matt was able to email my professor and reschedule my exam. Phew!




Back home it's always nice to sleep in your own bed again and of course play with the toys you missed so much.

We had a great trip and lots of fun with all the family and cousins we got to see. Thanks Annie and Phil for putting us up for the weekend, feeding our hungry faces,  and entertaining us!  

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

that rugrat of yours is so stinking cute! and I'm jealous that you've seen my family more in the past six months than I have!!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

It makes me re-live it all again. Sorry it ended badly for you with the airplane situation. It was a great holiday AND we got to watch Sawyer roll from back to front! woo hoo!!

Bobrey and the Boys said...

Sawyer is so stinkin cute!!!

Jason & Shannon said...

So much fun! It was so great to see you and meet Sawyer! We'll have to come visit sometime! The pictures are great, and Sawyer is so darn cute!

Bobrey and the Boys said...

Sawyer is so stinkin cute!!!

Steve and Hailey said...

I totally missed out! I'm so sorry! We had a family birthday at the exact same time as the Sunday meet up at Annie's and by the time we were done the kids were melting down and it would have been a nightmare to drag them somewhere else. I am so, so sad, especially when I see the pictures. Steve and I feel ripped off because you and Matt are so much fun. Maybe someday we'll actually live closer to you guys!