Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just Matt and I.



I'm always bummed when I go to someone's blog and all it consists of are photos of their kids and you have to scroll down fifty pages just to find a picture of the person whose blog it actually is. So here is a photo of myself and Matt, sans Sawyer. And also just a fun little survey I borrowed from a friend's blog.





8 TV shows I watch
1. Friday Night Lights
2. Greek
3. One Tree Hill
4. Real Housewives of Orange County (I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true)
5. House Hunters
6. Fringe, occasionally with the hubs
7. Lost, if Matt lets me since I can't help but ask a bazillion questions since I'm so, well, Lost.
8. Amazing Race, but only the last few episodes so I can see who wins.

8 favorite places to eat and drink (and my favorite menu item there)

1. Cafe Rio's super delicious Barbacoa Salad with their amazing dressing. Mmmmm.
2. Starbucks iced coffee with white chocolate flavoring in it
3. The Habit. Their lettuce wrapped char burger has become quite the habit.
4. T.G.I.Friday. Sizzling chicken and shrimp platter is sooooo worth the calories.
5. Pick up Stix's Pad Thai
6. Thai Kitchen in Simi, their thai iced tea ice cream (say that ten times fast!) is out of this world.
7. Chipotle's Barbacoa Bowl.
8. Our new favorite Red's Barbecue in Simi whose tri tip salad has left me dreaming about it ever since.

8 things I look forward to:
1. Buying a home.
2. Celebrating Sawyer's first birthday.
3. Getting into the nursing program.
4. Finishing the program and getting my first nursing job!
5. Writing and publishing a children's book.
6. Going camping as a family.
7. Getting back to scrapbooking someday.
8. Having our own place to decorate.

8 things I love about winter:
1. Snow
2. Snowboarding
3. Hot cocoa
4. Cuddling up under warm blankets
5. Roasting marshmallows in the fireplace
6. Drinking hot cider
7. Getting to bundle up in cute coats, scarfs, hats and gloves
8. All the holidays that come with it

8 places I always go:
1. Costco on a bi weekly basis. Sometimes just for the samples. Yes we are one of those people.
2. The shopping center down the road because Sawyer and I got for walks down to it.
3. Moorpark college every Tuesday and Thursdays nights for Microbiology class.
4. Starbucks sometimes to study, sometimes to meet up with a friend or sometimes just for a moment alone.
5. The Swim Academy in Santa Clarita every Thursday morning for Sawyer's swim lessons.
6. Cornerstone church in Simi every Sunday.
7. The backyard to play with Moxie.
8. Target when we are bored and can't think of anything else to do.

8 things on my wish list:
1. A home of our own.
2. To be able to have Sawyer continue with swim lessons.
3. To get into the nursing program sooner rather than later.
4. My family closer.
5. To go camping this summer in our tent and one day own a pop up trailer.
6. Have a backyard one day.
7. A gym pass to Total Woman.
8. A racing bike so I can join Matt on his treks and a trailer so Sawyer can come too.

8 things I am passionate about
1. Matt
2. Sawyer
3. my family
4. entering contests because one day I'm bound to win one of them!
5. becoming a better person
6. planning a vacation at least once a year
7. making lists!
8. blogging

3 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I totally agree. I have become the non adult picture blogger- and those blogs make me crazy!!! I loved reading your lists. I wish we lived closer to you guys- we'd go camping with you!!

Shalee said...

Thanks for reminding me that there is more to family then our little ones! Its so easy to get caught up with the baby that we forget about us! We print out all of our blog posts at the end of each year... I'm thinking we should start taking pictures of us or 2010 will be the book of Kooper!

Bobrey and the Boys said...

I love that you put Matt first on your list of things you are pationate about! That just shows how much you love your husband.