Tuesday, December 1, 2009

17 Hour Roadtrip

**when we got back from out trip to Idaho I had 95 pictures on my camera to upload. Pretty impressive considering we were only there for 2 and 3/4 days. So rather then have a super long post, I'm chronicling our Thanksgiving trip in smaller bits and pieces. 

It all began last Tuesday after Matt got off work, we (Matt, myself, baby Sawyer and our dog Moxie) hit the road around 3pm to start our journey to Idaho. Not 10 minutes after we left did we have to pull over to remedy a big diaper blow out. Sawyer's timing is impeccable.



After five hours in the car he was already giving me the "are we there yet?" eyes. Not even close, buddy! We made it to Cedar City, Utah by midnight and found a bunch of cheap motels there. After driving past them all a few times we settled on the one that was somewhat less creepy. No animals were allowed so we wrapped Moxie up hot dog style in a blanket and snuck her in.  If anyone had seen us we would have got busted for having a dog...


and a bear.




After about 5 hours of sleep we packed up and got on the road again. Around noon I started getting calls from my family asking when our estimated time of arrival was. My mom sent me this pic from her phone with everyone anxiously awaiting to hold the baby!




Finally we pulled in the driveway and next thing I knew everyone (who must have been peeking out the window and spotted us the second we pulled up) ran outside to greet us. Oh wait, did I say to greet US? What I meant was they ran out, snatched Sawyer and ran back inside and left Matt and I standing there bewildered. Actually it was hilarious and at least we know our baby is loved by a lot!



Sawyer is looking at my mom here like hey I remember you! Grandpa Hansen was one of the first ones in line to hold him.



And Aunt Linda got him to smile a lot. I've never seen him smile or coo as much as I did on this trip, we even got to hear his first laugh! I'm sure he is thinking here that the drive was worth it to see all these new faces and get so much attention. Great, his own mom and dad must bore him already!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

The best is when you are standing right next to your parents/in-laws and they introduce their grandchild to their friends, but completely forget about you! It's all good :).

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Happy 2 month BD Sawyer. Come back soon, we had a blast with you. And you can bring your parents again, too.