Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Photo Shoot by Amanda



Last Saturday we were lucky enough to have a family photo shoot with my friend Amanda Burgess from high school who just so happens to live out here in California and has her own photography business.

We met up in Manhattan Beach where we took the first ones. We really wanted to do some under the pier, but I guess it was everyone else's idea too that day. There was a whole line up of people there that day vying for the spot! (Although we must not have gotten the memo that said it was take your christmas card photo day and remember to wear your red sweaters!)

It was such a fun day catching up with Amanda and reminiscing about high school and the people we went there with. If you are reading this and we went to Meridian together you can bet you bottom dollar we talked about you! just kidding. maybe ; )






So as you can see from the above photos, this girl has some serious talent!! She did such an amazing job and was so patient taking pictures with the baby even though he didn't always cooperate. I was really impressed working with her that day and hadn't even seen the finished product yet! When I did I was speechless with how incredible they came out! These are only a few, they all came out so well it was hard to pick and choose my favorites, but you can check them all here as well as the rest of her work.

If you live in the area, (or hey even if you don't, but wanna come visit us) I would highly recommend her!! I'm already planning on doing this again in the future when Sawyer can walk so we can get more fun family photos.

10 comments:

rick said...

Fun!

When does Sawyer get his tattoo?

kprow said...

When he stops growing. I don't want to chance it stretching :)

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow, she is talented! The pictures are beautiful!

Karen said...

Those are soooo cute! I especially like the one of Sawyer in the black and white. He's just adorable and seems to be a super happy baby!

kimberly said...

Wow those are beautiful! Maybe we'll have to make a trip :) My ultimate favorite of Sawyer is the black and white with him smiling and his little tongue sticking out, he's so flippin cute :)

Megan said...

They are so artsy! Definitely Magazine worthy. What a gorgeous family! All of them are fantastic! I think my favorite is the black and white with all three in a row.

Victoria said...

They turned out great!

Steve and Hailey said...

That is awesome! Good for you, for getting some really nice family pictures early on. You look gorgeous and I LOVE reading about your family. How is the little one?

Anonymous said...

wow Kristen they turned out amazing! Wish I was near Cali, I would be getting pics done. LOL

Naylor Family said...

How fun! I didn't know you kept in touch with Amanda, and I didn't know she was a photographer! How fun. And.... I don't even want to know what things were said about me! Haha! Hope Idaho is fun! I'm jealous! It's been over a year since I've been there :(