Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Mail

My cousin Leisy who lives in Ohio blogged about this recently:

I couldn't think of a better way to reach more people to ask this favor.  We have some friends here in Toledo whose eight year old son was diagnosed this week with an extremely rare form of cancer.  The prognosis is not good and the family just wants to enjoy the last bit of time they have together.  The little boy LOVES mail and Christmas.  His grandmother is also a close friend and when I asked her what we could do- she said we could send his brother and him mail of any sort.  I know he'd love to get mail from places besides Toledo so I thought I'd ask friends to send him some.  Christmas cards or letters or anything would be wonderful.  He loves spongebob, cooking, and all other normal eight year old stuff.


I'm making some cards for those boys today to mail out this week and I thought I would forward the message onto our blog. How cool would that be if that family got more mail then ever thought possible!  I'm sure it would touch the parents tremendously to see that so many people all over the country who don't even know them personally, care about their family.  I have their address so if you leave me a comment with your email I can get back to you with their info. 



Thanks Leisy for posting about them. There's nothing I'd rather be doing today then making fun things to mail for those two little boys.