Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa....er, Dad.

Friday we took family photos, but I'm skipping that day for now until I can post the pics. On to Saturday....and not just any Saturday, it was my dad's 50th birthday!!! My mom planned a trip to some awesome hot pools and then dinner at a yummy Thai restaurant.



We found Sawyer a swimmy with a built in diaper at Babies R Us for $1.50 on the clearance rack. It was for 12 months, but surprisingly fit him fine. He must get his big booty from me. He LOVES bath time, so we figured he would love the hot pool (it was bath tub temp) even more! And he did.




The birthday boy and his grandson playing in the pool.




All warm and cozy after swimming laps.



At dinner there were almost as many people there as there was for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was delish! Luckily none of us are germaphobes (I'm a retired one) so we all picked off each other's plate and got to try all sorts of new Thai dishes.

We were really happy we got to be there to celebrate the big 5-o with my dad!


Here's two videos of the little fish we call Sawyer.

1 comment:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Thanks for celebrating Dad's birthday the Howell way: adventures in swimming and tasty things to eat.
The videos are fun!