Monday, March 3, 2008

Neptunes Net
















So we heard of a cool place to check out and decided to do so this last weekend.  It's a seafood place called Neptune's Net, hence the above pic, and located along the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.  The drive to get there is a winding one through the Santa Monica mountains with twists and turns and corners out of no where, let's just say, I was glad I wasn't the one driving. The sign before you get on the road says it is not recommended for trailers, yeah right, I think it should be upgraded to say: Not recommended for the faint of heart, those who get carsick,and anyone afraid of heights. Luckily, we were none of the above. All along the way there are humungous, ginormous, enormous (and any other 'ous' words you can think of that mean BIG) houses or should I say mansions that were pretty cool to look at.  I don't know why you would ever need a house that has separate wings on them unless you really didn't like the person you were living with, but I will say they looked pretty impressive!  

We got to the PCH and came across Neptune's. Only problem was there were Harleys and motorcycles galore parked outside and masses of black leather wearers out front. I turned to Matt and said I was too scared to go in and too keep driving. So he did....but only to find the nearest parking place! The place was a zoo!  We ordered our food and went out to a picnic bench outside to eat it while overlooking the ocean and stare at all the crazy surfers. I had calamari, fish and chips and Matt had a....burger.  Really seafoodish I know :) If you like to people watch, hands down this place is the place to go! Supposedly, there are a lot of celebrities that go there and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some without realizing it since there was more than a handful of peeps wearing their sunglasses indoors the whole time, who does that unless you are famous?  Anyway, it was quite the experience and I can't wait til my parents come out to visit so we can take them there. We will all rent Harleys for the day and drive them out there so we can fit in!  The best part was that Matt pointed out that half the bikers there are probably businessmen during the week working their 9-5 jobs and then don the leather and bikes for the weekend. Ha! I love it!   So that was our little adventure for the weekend, next weekend we will hopefully have another one in store that I will write about. Until then......au revoir. 

1 comment:

Jason & Shannon said...

I want to go on an adventure! Unfortunately for us, we are in Provo... not too many places like Neptune's, where you can people watch. (Which, by the way, I love to do!) We are planning on road tripping to Cali in August though, so hopefully we will get to have adventures then.