Monday, March 10, 2008

50 Unknown Facts About Me


1. I sleep with a blanket everynight. Even take it with me when we go on vacation. Usually it is wrapped all the way around my head with only my nose showing before I go to sleep. 

2. I was a lifeguard for three years, but I'm actually not a very good swimmer. 

3. I am deathly afraid of spiders. Even teeny tiny ones.

4. I have had 15 different jobs since I started working at age fifteen.

5. One time I ran straight into a mailbox and fell over when I was jogging with friends and they still tease me about it. 

6. My friends and I used to call each other by each others middle names and attach 'head' on the end so consequently I was always called Mariehead. 

7. My bestfriends still sometimes called me Marie.

8. I have kept a journal religiously since I was about 8 or 9 years old. Started slacking though in the last two years.

9. Apparently when I was 13 and weighed barely 100 lbs I thought I was enormous because I was reading that journal from ten years ago and every other page is about my thunder thighs and how my butt is getting big. Are you kidding me?  I really hope if we have a daughter that she doesn't go through that phase. 

10. I love goats. Especially fainting ones. 

11. I have had 12 different boyfriends since I was in ninth grade and I married lucky number 13. If I could go back I would have waited to have a serious boyfriend until I was at least out of high school. 

12.  I got in detention three times in first grade. 

13.  I have all my future kids names picked out already. 

14. I dwell on the past a little too much and have a lot of regrets I need to get over. 

15. I feel like I definitely married 'up' as they say.

16. I get anxiety everytime I go back home to Boise and worry about who I will run into.

17. I have a great relationship with my sister now, but when I was younger I used to tease her a lot and have always felt bad about that. 

18. I hate talking on the phone. 

19. I write lists. Lots of them. And my journals are filled with them.

20. I used to play the piano, but I would memorize the pieces I played rather than figure out how to read the music. 


21. I have vivid dreams every time I fall asleep and always remember them. 

22. I had my first kiss in summer school when I was sitting under a tree at a park. It lasted about .2 seconds and I felt like a changed women after and was probably glowing for about a week.

23. I almost didn't graduate high school because I skipped class too much. 

24. I have two best girlfriends and we have been friends since we were 12.

25. I wish I had some close friends who lived near me in California.

26. I used to go tanning all the time and have a lot of freckles to prove it that always pop out in the sun now.  

27. My all time favorite dessert is Extreme Moosetracks icecream. 

28. I love snowboarding and used to be able to ride the rails. 

29. My feet are always freezing cold.  My toes are like little icicles I have been told. 

30. I hate washing dishes by hand. The first year we were married we lived in an apartment without a dishwasher and I think I maybe did the dishes once. We lived off paper plates most of the time. 

31. I am not very good with money. Thankfully Matt takes care of all the bills and finances. And does a great job at it too I might add.

32. I love going running and wish I had a running partner down here.
 
33. My favorite t.v. show is One Tree Hill. 

34. I have a bad tendency to compare my life to others and think the grass is always greener on the other side. 

35. I have to tell myself everyday that it is a good decision we made to not have children for the next five years. Some days I wish we could have a baby right now, and other days not so much.
 
36. I watch the Baby Story almost everyday which is probably why I feel the way I wrote about above! 

37. I love taking naps.

38. My favorite colors are orange and yellow.

39. I am a speed demon on the road.

40. I secretly wish I was a celebrity who could go on vacations all the time and go on thousand dollar shopping sprees. 

41. The first real wedding I went to was my own and I wasn't sure how the whole bridesmaid thing worked.  My two bestfriends snuck this in to see if I would notice when we got the photos back. ;0

42. I am decent at cooking, but baking I have difficulty with. I always burn brownies, and cakes come out flat in the middle.

43. I went to Europe when I was a sophomore in high school with my French class and saw the band Oasis in Paris.

44. I pass out all the time. If I cut myself I pass out. If I'm sick or coming down with something I pass out. 

45.  I used to donate plasma twice a week for about two years and everytime...you guessed it, I would pass out. I had to take iron supplements just so I would be allowed to donate. 

46. I was hit by a drunk driver when I was 11 and was in the car with my cousins. The car flipped a couple times and I flew out the window.  

47. I used to pretend my life was a movie when I was a kid and I would act out something as simple as pouring my cereal as if it was being caught on camera. 

48. I had a dog named Molly and a cat named Tigger that we had to give away because my sister and I were allergic to them. They were going to be on t.v. on a show called Pets on Parade where people could call in to adopt them. I invited all my friends over and we ate popcorn and watched my famous pets on the television. 

49. I have been told that I embellish my stories. ;) Matt has noticed that as he hears me tell the same story to different people it seems to get better and better every time. I blame it on my poor memory. 

50. I was on the Price is Right once. Not actually called up on stage, but the camera was on me and my friend for a good couple minutes. We were in the audience in the first row.  That Bob Barker is OLD.

I tag all the Howell cousins and double dare you to fill this out in under an hour. It's harder then you think! 

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the bridesmaid picture, it looks so sincere. I don't think I could ever live in Boise again. I swear every time I go there, I run into someone from school. Some people might enjoy that, but not me! I feel your anxiety.

Victoria said...

I hate talking on the phone too (unless it's my family)! I don't know what it is. I think it's the fear of running out of stuff to say. The only time I liked talking on the phone was when I was up in NorCal on school breaks but was dating Erik. I always wanted to talk to him on the phone.

And I'm not from Boise, but I know the anxiety of running into someone from high school. Now that's it's been nearly 9 years for me, I'm not so scared about it anymore. I'd kind of like to see my old classmates.

Kent and Leisy said...

wow kristen! I don't know if I can do it!! but I totally remember when you thought you had thunder thighs and would stress about it!! cause I really WAS fat then! I still sleep with my blanket too. and it's really nasty ratty. kent hates it!