Monday, March 3, 2008

Our story


1. Where did you meet?  Well the story starts out that I decided one day to take a break from cosmetology school and move from Provo, UT to Salt Lake City with my bestest friend Melissa. We started working at the Olive Garden in downtown SLC (the one by the temple) and I met a girl named Christine there who wanted to pursue doing hair. I told her she should go to Paul Mitchell in Provo where I was going. Fast forward six months later and I am back in Provo going to school and voila! there is Christine too and we become insta friends. For about a year she tells me about her cousin who lives in California who she thinks would be great for me, but twice when he came up to visit her I was unable to meet him. Finally on her birthday in May he came up to visit again, the same weekend in fact that my brother got married at which his reception I caught the bouquet and my mom told me I would be married within the year and I protested that I wasn't even dating anyone!  I finally met Matt a couple days later on her birthday night and sure enough we hit it off right away! We went to Flemings steakhouse for her birthday dinner and she made sure we sat next to each other.  I had brought my roommate with me and we shared a meal because everything was too expensive there and we were poor college kids. But at the end, Matt paid for everyone's meal. What a guy!  The reason I mentioned the bouquet part is because we started dating via the telephone and seeing each other as often as we could after that day, the following January I moved to California, Matt proposed and we got married May 20th, 2006 exactly one day before my brothers one year anniversary! Ironic, don't ya think? ;) 

 2. Do you remember what he was wearing?  Absolutely not, but I can guess that it was probably a black dress shirt and jeans. 

3. Where was the first time you kissed this person?  hee hee hee. Well I am a go getter, and I realized I liked him immediately so I made the move and kissed him later on that same night. Little did I know, that it was his first kiss EVER! 

4. Where did you go for your first date?  We didn't really have a first date, we met at the birthday party, hung out everyday until he flew back home and talked on the phone everyday after that for hours until I drove down with a friend two weeks later and he took me to Disneyland.  We talked on the phone for most of our relationship and Matt flew out whenever he could. We figured we had actually only seen each other in person a total of 5 or 6 times before we decided to get married and I moved down to California the following January, not even eight months after we met. 

5. How long did you know this person before you became a couple?  We kind of morphed into a couple along the way, without ever discussing it. 

6. Do you and this person have kids together?  no kids as of yet. Not for another five year or so anyway. 

7. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person?  I liked Matt immediately. I knew I loved him maybe a month later and told him so. He didn't say he loved me back though until two weeks later! Cautious guy. 

8. Do you get along with his family?  I love his family. His mom and dad are great as is his younger bother Greg who is actually my same age. Matt is almost four years older than I am. 

9. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves?  hmmmm, I couldn't say. Maybe perhaps that he watches television a lot and therefore I have now become a t.v. addict as well!

10. What is the thing you do that gets on his nerves?  I know one thing is that I tend to leave the kitchen cabinets open and drawers too. You know, just leavin them open in case I need to get something else out of them, it's called being efficient! :) My mom does it too, that's the best part so I can say that it's hereditary! 

11. Where do you see each other in 10 years from now?  I will be 33 Yikes! And Matt will be 37! I will for sure be a nurse by then for quite some time and we will have at least two kids, possibly three.  We will be a happy family of five (but not with a mini van) and love each other even more then we do now because of all the experiences we had together in our 12 years of marriage by then. 

3 comments:

Naylor Family said...

So funny about the drawers and cabinets, I do the EXACT same thing, and it drives Justin crazy(well, now he's learned to just laugh about it) but my Dad does the same thing, so I always say it's hereditary too! It must be!

Victoria said...

I only knew bits and pieces about the two of you coming together. Good to hear the rest :).

Kent and Leisy said...

i loved reading that! I didn't know ANY of it! I think it's a great falling in love story! and I can't wait to meet matt one of these days!