Friday, March 28, 2008

The list goes on....


Well I haven't written anything on here for almost two weeks mainly because I haven't documented anything with our camera since then and a post minus a picture in my opinion is BoOoOoring! But then again, I am more of a visual left brained person who still likes to check out children's books from the library specifically to look at the pictures in them! But it's late and I can't sleep so I thought I would write about a great find I came across a couple weeks ago and have had a lot of fun with lately. I love to write in journals, but I also like to find ones that have questions or whatnot in them already for you to fill in because then you can document your life in other ways you might never have thought about before. I found this journal called Listography that does just that by giving you topics to write lists about (which I compose plenty of each day and have since I first learned how to write) and when you're done you have an unusual and fun autobiography!  It has you list all your past jobs, all the places you have lived, and past hangout spots. It will be fun to look back at it twenty years from now too cuz some of the lists are of current favorite tv shows and music that I will probably have forgotten about by then.  Here are some of my favorites in it and the answers I filled in:

List Your Favorite Cartoon Shows:
1.Spongebob Squarepants!! (who lives in a pineapple under the sea...if you didn't know)
2. Rugrats
3. Bobby's World 
4. Animaniacs 

List Your Favorite Toys You Played With As A Child:
1. Skip-It
2. Barbies
3. Legos (I could make the biggest and best mansion you ever saw, particularly while watching General Conference)
4. Trolls 
5. Cabbage Patch Dolls
6. Giga-Pet

List The Bad Things You Did As A Kid:
1. Told my little sister Megan that everyone in the family were all aliens except her and we were going to eat her on her eighth birthday. (she later told me on that particular birthday she was terrified the whole day....oops, guess I had forgotten to tell her I was just kidding)
2. Read my friends journal once when I was ten (and then regretted it, cuz it said mean things about me in it :(
3. Pinched a kid at school 'til he bled cuz he was chasing me at recess. 
4. Got detention three times in first grade.
5. My friend and I used to hide under Megans bed while her and her friends played in her room and would spy on them and record everything they said. 

The day I got it, I had a good 20 pages of it already filled out by that night! I was having so much fun!  I will admit there are five in there (I counted) that are questionable or scandalous so I just crossed them out and tweeked them a bit so they are now G rated and appropriate for let's say my future kids eyes.  I always wondered how honest you should be in your journal, and I have decided that it's best to only write things in there you would be comfortable with your son or daughter reading one day. I read my mom's journal once from when she was a teenager and it helped me relate to her more because I got to see she once went through the same things I was going through at that time, and that's what I hope my kids will be able to do one day too!  They can see from age 8 and on how I changed over the course of the years and all the phases I went through that they will be going through too and I'm sure they will say "wow mom you were a total nerd!" or "you were a major dramaqueen!" or "wow you were really cool" haha okay probably not that last one, but the list goes on.....

No comments: