Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Eighth Wonder of the World


Yesterday I went through  my normal Saturday cleaning frenzy right around 3 o'clock after a nap and I got my second wind for the day.  I feel like I should tell all the other vacuum lovers, allergy sufferers, and clean freaks out there about my most favorite cleaning toy.  Dun, dun, dun, behold the Dyson......
This vacuum is seriously a miracle worker. When we moved into our apartment it had just been remodeled and the former 'cottage cheese' ceiling had been scraped off and while a smooth ceiling is esthetically pleasing and all, for people like me who have serious allergies to dust it wasn't so great.   But with running the Dyson around the place a couple of times, voila! my lungs could get fresh clean air into them again.  For anyone who knows how much the Dyson costs (between 350 and 450 buckaroos) I'll admit we didn't purchase ours ourselves, it was actually a gift from the in laws right after we were married, but now that I know how truly and utterly amazing it is I would like to think I would shell out the money for it anyways if it hadn't been a gift.  You can get them at Costco for around 400 I think and there is a 5 year warranty on them, no vacuum bags are required, and come on at Costco you can return anything even if it has been twenty years since you purchased it!

 You see, I have a strange addiction to vacuuming, ask any of my former roommates and now my husband.   There is just something about seeing those lines in the carpet that makes your place feel so clean! It may not look like it in the pic above with all the dirt, dust and who knows what else that got suctioned up from our carpet yesterday, but I vacuum at least once if not twice or three times a week (to the misfortune of the people who live below us).  The Dyson picked up that much grodiness that had snuck it's way into our apartment in only a week! A week!!!! If I didn't know better, I would say this vacuum actually MAKES dirt because it is so hard to believe that much accumulated in our less than 1,000 square feet apartment in less than 7 days! My lungs thank you Dyson. 

Fun Fact for the Day: one main component of dust is dead skin cells. Sick! Makes you think twice about who you invite over to your house, doesn't it? :)

2 comments:

Sven & Trin said...

You would not believe how happy I am to see this post. I posted about my Dyson too, but I was way too embarrased to post pictures. (We did, however, take pictures) Hooray for Dyson and Dyson lovers! I even told my mother-in-law this evening that even though we didn't pay full price for ours (we came across a wicked great deal online) I would definitely pay full price now that I've seen what it's capable of. How funny. Here's to Dysons and clean houses!

Victoria said...

Erik's always wanted a Dyson. We have a Dirt Devil that we got as a wedding gift which is slowly becoming less and less effective (it's nearly five years old). I've been thinking about getting a new vacuum cleaner and of course want a bagless one. Maybe we'll use some of the our tax refund to get one! I don't like to spend money, but as my mother-in-law recently said, you get what you pay for.