Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shape Up

My dad sent me these pictures a few weeks ago from when we hiked Mt. Borah in 2003 with a bunch of the "cheesy cousins". I was 19 and was in the best shape of my life, physically anyway. Granted I had just gone through a bad break up and lost about 20 lbs subsequently and was also going to the gym twice a day. This time for shaping up neither having my heart broken or being a gym rat are options, thankfully. So my jogging stroller is going to be my new b.f.f and I'm determined to make running my passion. I've always had an infatuation with it, or the idea of it anyway. Now after doing my first 5k I'm determined to fall head over heels in love with running, but hopefully not the asphalt while I do so. 




Look at that view! (The bottom picture not the top one, you cheeky bum looker)


Pops and I after getting past chicken out ridge, which I totally would have chickened out on if he hadn't been there to help me through it. 


Funny side note about that particular day: I had borrowed hiking boots from my little brother Bryson. Climbed and climbed and climbed up that steep mountain in them. On the way back down my legs were like jello. Once we got back to the truck and were taking off our shoes, but dad picked one of the boots up and was shocked at how heavy it was. No wonder my legs were shot, he said, I had been wearing steel-toed boots all day!

2 comments:

rachel garber said...

I am so jealous at how everybody's love affair with running is just so much more of a true obsession than mine! I enjoy it and I go four to five times a week but I'm not that good at it . . . however, I'm trying. It's just taken two years for me to get to the point where I look forward to my runs :)

Naylor Family said...

Oh to have the bodies we had when we were 19....I keep dreaming, but 3 kids later, I'm realizing it's never going to happen! Good Luck with the running!