Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Day

Well this week started off pretty crummily after being told on Monday by my college counselor that I have to take another dreaded math class, then finding out that I have to take it BEFORE I apply to the nursing program in September, then discovering the only one available during the summer that I could take is the on-line one which is half full already, and then getting the latest possible registration date to sign up for classes so all I can do is hope and pray that there is still a slot left for me by May 6th. Despite all that, this week started to turn around and today ended up being the best day ever. Here's why:

First my dad called to tell me he and my mom were FINALLY back from Europe! It seemed like they had been for a month at least and I missed being able to just give them a call whenever I felt like i. They had gotten stuck over there for an extra week from the volcano eruption. Finding a way back home after that turned into a real pain in the ASH for them. Sorry I couldn't resist. 

After talking to him and getting excited about a future family vacation to Couer d'alene next summer, then my friend Victoria came over with her two kids to play, talk and eat lunch together. 


Here her daughter Samantha was pushing Sawyer in his swing. 

Then after Matt got home from work I find out he was planning on booking a hotel for when we go to the San Diego zoo May 15th to celebrate our 4th anniversary. I LOVE hotels! I don't care what anyone says about them, they are still my favorite thing. Don't even tell me about them not washing the bedsheets I'll just plug my ears and yell la, la, la, la to tune you out. Hotels = fun vacation. Even if it's only for one night away.  Not only that but we were able to use Delta miles to book a night at a fancy schmancy hotel in downtown San Diego for....guess how much?! 8 bucks! This day just kept getting better and better.

The next highlight is that we are going next Wednesday to the screening of the Babies movies I just posted about earlier. Can't wait! 
And finally just top the day off right, today was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins. 
A very delicious end to a great day. 

If every day could be as good as today I think I just might be able to survive learning about the quadratic equation and other such numerical nonsense again. 

3 comments:

Victoria said...

We had fun too! I'm glad the day made you almost forget about math ;).

I love San Diego!

soliluna said...

Oh have fun at the Babies movie screening! can't wait to see it!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Boy my grandson is so cute! When do you think he will want to come to Idaho and go swinging on the ropes at the river with me and Grandpa Howell?