Sunday, April 4, 2010

Down by the bay, where the water melons grow, back to my home, I dare not go, for if I do, my mother will say....Did you ever see a whale with a polka dotted tail? down by the bay!

Lately Sawyer has been inconsolable in the car and the only way I can get him to quiet down is by singing at the top of my lungs. It doesn't sound pretty, but it works. Depending on how long I have to sing for I'll start with "Baby Baluga" (only I don't know all the words so I'm making the majority of it up), and work my way down the list of all the other ones I know so "Down by the Bay"  ends up being belted out eventually. Then I try to get creative and come up with new things found down by the bay like "Did you ever see a Sawyer sitting in a drawer?" only to be disappointed that they don't rhyme as well as I think they do. Well, today we really went down by the "bay" to walk around and see what we could see. There was:

A man riding a bicycle and sporting a shiny gold hard hat that matched his shiny gold tooth which he proudly displayed. 

A tiny dog strutting along with little doggie sunglasses on. 

A big elderly man zipping around on a teensy Razor scooter like nobody's business. 


Sawyer was amazed at what his little peepers beheld. 













We walked and walked and walked until we realized we had gone over 4 miles in one direction. Then we turned around and walked and walked and walked back. 







Being by the ocean + walking + people watching + spending the day with my little fam = 
a great Saturday and a happy me. 

3 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

what about "did you ever see a sawyer sitting by a lawyer"? that's the only word I could think of that rhymed. Zeb would also only be consoled by loud singing and he's turning out to be pretty muscial!

Victoria said...

What beach were you at?

When Samantha would cry in the car, I would turn whatever music I was playing way up. I think it distracted/confused her. It worked though.

Shalee said...

I love that close of picture of Sawyer! Talk about baby blues!! He's going to be a little heart breaker!