Sunday, April 12, 2009

Alabama Wedding

Last weekend we were far far away in a land called Alabama to see Matt's brother Greg get married. His wife Melissa is from Birmingham which is where we were staying. The whole weekend was a lot of fun and Alabama was beautiful. There were a ton of trees everywhere, the weather was nice and I loved all the people's southern drawls! We flew in on Thursday, helped prepare the reception on Friday and went to the rehearsal dinner that night. Saturday was the wedding and it was great. I pretended to be a videographer and filmed the whole thing with our new video camera for Matt's parents who unfortunately due to illness could not be there. Matt was the best man, otherwise he would have been the one holding the camera and I'm sure would have kept it a whole lot steadier then I did which made it look like an earthquake was going on during the ceremony.

Bride and Groom with Uncle Steve and Aunt Rosie.

Livening things up at the reception and taking candid photos with the help of Aunt Rosie's creativity. The candy bar they had was a definite hit. Those jelly bellies really sustained us on the flight back home.

M is for Melissa? Or is it for Matt?

The hubs and I in our wedding attire. Can't go wrong with a tux.


The whole weekend was perfect, well except for one catastrophe on my part. Friday morning we were eating breakfast in the lobby at the hotel and my sensitive sniffer kept smelling this horrible smell, no even worse, the most horrific disgusting smell imaginable was more like it. Matt could every once in a while get a whiff of it too, and we thought that maybe a door to the dumpster was being opened because it reeked like rotten garbage. Finally I said I had to wait outside for us to go over to the bride's house because it was making me nauseous. When we got into the rental car and were on our way over I STILL could smell it! I asked Matt "is it me??" I was smelling my sweater and my clothes to check, and he said not to worry the smell was probably just stuck in my sensitive pregnant nose. Then I grabbed something out of my purse and Matt said "um, did you ever get rid of that chicken you put in your purse yesterday morning?" SICK!!! I had put some in there super early Thursday morning for the airplane ride so I could have some protein to eat and had forgotten about it. The smell was so overwhelming and nasty I thought I was going to get sick in the rental car, but we finally got to her house where Greg and Rosie and Steve were waiting for us. I got out and Rosie asked if I was okay, and the next thing I knew here came the waterworks! I was crying and asking for the bathroom because I was sure I was going to throw up. Greg was running around trying to get the keys to the house to let me in so I could puke in privacy, Matt was running around trying to empty my purse and dispose of the nasty chicken, I was crying and saying "just throw it away, my purse is ruined!" because seriously I couldn't imagine using it after that. All the while Uncle Steve and Rosie were trying to comfort me saying "don't worry, we'll get you a new one". It was pretty funny a few hours later, but it was definitely not humorous at the time. And true to his word, we went shopping right before the rehearsal dinner that night and Uncle Steve bought me a new purse. A even cuter one too I might add.

My new super cute purse that will be chicken free from here on out.

Rosie even got a new one as well. Matt said next time he's gonna cry so he can something too :)

9 comments:

HowellAZ said...

You have the most awesome pregnancy stories...I hope you are keeping these in some sort of journal or baby book!

Jason & Shannon said...

SWEET! The purse is super cute! (also, I'm too lazy to go comment on your post about your new car, but that's AWESOME!)

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Hey, whatever works...

Victoria said...

What a cute purse story (not cute at the time). I didn't know Greg got married!

rachel garber said...

you are too funny! way to get something super cute and new!

Sven & Trin said...

You look fantastic. I'm just saying.

I'm glad you enjoyed Alabama. The amount of trees was the first thing I noticed about it too.

Kent and Leisy said...

kent and I laughed so hard at the chicken story- we were crying!! can I get a new purse too?! so funny kristen!! I can only imagine how bad it stunk.

Megan said...

that new purse is so cute, so is your wedding attire. oooh la la

kimberly said...

Kristen Marie, you look so gorgeous! Pregnancy suits you, even though you totally can't tell yet. Your purse is adorable (I have the same one in purple lol), you definitely have exceptional taste!!! And . . . congrats on the new car yay, it's perty!!!