Sunday, April 26, 2009

Calling all moms!

Does anyone know of a great pregnancy work-out video? I can't seem to find any pre natal classes in my area, which even if I did I doubt I would have time to attend one since I start summer school in less then a month. Going to the gym has left me boggled as to what to do when I'm there since my doctor doesn't want me running or getting my heart rate up too high (his reason being that your heart is enlarged when you're pregnant. And working for a cardiologist and knowing what scary things can happen with an enlarged heart has left me with a big ? as to what sort of exercise pregnant pods CAN do) So I'm hoping that with a solid recommendation on a good video I can squeeze some work out time into my mornings before I go to work. I'm not that big into yoga although some stretching exercises would help since I've been having a lot of back pain lately. Any suggestions moms??

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I've never seen one. I think pregnancy work-outs are case by case which is probably why there aren't really any that I know of (besides yoga as you mentioned). I think walking is probably one of the best things you can do.

Lauryl said...

So, I'm not a mom, but I've heard there are some awesome pregnancy pilates and yoga videos that won't get your heartrate up, but will help you stay in shape. Also, I think Denise Austin does some good ones while she is actually pregnant. She has a way obnoxious voice, but you win some, you lose some.

Megan said...

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/pregnancy-exercise-videos-41&source=google&prioritycode=RP53?gclid=CMWhi6OwlpoCFRAMDQod6T6fMQ

Here are fifteen pregnancy work outs to choose from, maybe one of them will work.

Kent and Leisy said...

I ran like a banshee throughout my pregnancy and it was great. I think the whole heart rate thing is a little outdated. All of the current research shows that as long as you aren't starting a new routine or getting your heart rate CRAZY high- you should be just fine. I ran up until the day before Ike was born (while pushing zeb in a stroller) and it made recovery SO FAST!!