Sunday, April 19, 2009

Farmers Market, BBQ's and swimming....it's summertime!

Yesterday morning I woke up early (for a Saturday) and it was gorgeous out so I took Moxie for a walk and then we hit up the farmers market nearby around 9. It was the first time we've been and I can't believe we have been missing out on that gold mine! I loaded up on gigantic red ripe strawberries, pea pods (a veggie even Matt will nibble on), blueberries and other produce like lettuce and fresh dill. My friend gave me this recipe for potato salad that she puts fresh dill in and I was making it for a barbecue we were going to later that night. It is so incredibly delish and this is all it is: red potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, green onions and fresh dill. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At the barbecue it was a big hit!

This weekend was so hot, it was in the nineties today. This is Matt and Moxie all worn out from the heat.

We decided we would use our pool at the apartment complex for the first time. This is one of the pictures of it on their website, and one of the reasons we moved here. It is so pretty and screams southern california to me all surrounded by palm trees. Even though it was scorching out, the water was still near freezing. After a few laps I got out for fear of giving the baby goosebumps inside!


This is us right before going to Greg and Melissa's reception here today for those who couldn't travel to Alabama for the wedding. This is the best shot I have so far where I think I'm showing. It's super obvious to me that I have a belly, but to everyone else who doesn't know I'm pregnant I'm sure I just look chubby! hehe.


One of the many family photo's that were taken at the end of the reception. It was fun seeing Greg and Melissa all dressed up again. This time there was an icecream bar we took full advantage of. And lots of good food. Our whole weekend was fun and gave us a preview of what summer will be like!

No comments: