Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

I've been on somewhat of a blogging hiatus as my semester classes were wrapping up while also getting over being sick. We spent our Thanksgiving in Boise, Idaho with my family. The soyboy and I left a lot earlier than Matt and then he joined us Thanksgiving day. I always seem to forgot the hassle of flying with a toddler until I find myself in the midst of carrying luggage, diaper bag over my shoulder, backpack on my back, stroller in tow, and juggling Sawyer from hip to hip and then I ask myself what in the world was I thinking to want to do this again? But it's all worth it once we get there. The nice thing was on the way back I just had Sawyer and one carry on since we left the majority of all our thing behind at my parents house so we wouldn't have to pack them up in the Uhaul at the end of this month. 

Idaho weather was a whole lot chillier then we had anticipated! We were able to put all our coats and other winter accessories to good use! I kept telling Matt that it never snows in the Boise valley very often, at least not enough where you have to drive in a ton of it.

  
Guess I should have knocked on wood when I said that because the whole time we there it snowed and it snowed and it snowed! It was a winter wonderland within a few days and Sawyer was  mesmerized by all the sparkling snow outside. 


Thanksgiving day we spent at my Aunt Linda and Uncle John's house. Some of us took naps, while others put together puzzles, 

  
Some of us played the piano,


and strummed guitars, 




while the rest of us sang our favorite songs (Carpenters, John Denver, etc) out of key (I'm referring mainly to me)


Most of us stuffed our little faces with delicious food,  


 and only one of us tried to stuff the faces of others with their delicious food. 


It was a great Thanksgiving meal shared with family who are friends and we enjoyed every second of it, even the part where we played Apples to Apples after dinner (my least favorite game in the whole wide world). 



Thanks Linda and John for hosting the meal at your house, cooking the turkey, and even doing the dishes afterwards! Now that's what I call service! 

2 comments:

rachel garber said...

Why are you an Apples to Apples hater!? I LOVE that game. Especially with Boy and his family because we come up with naughty things that are funny only to us. Like:

Quiet

- Anne Frank

HA HA HA HA HA

:)

HowellAZ said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed your stay in Boise and got the flu to boot! I like the improvised seat belt to keep Soy boy in the chair. That kid is such a cutie pie! Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon. Good luck with the move...I'm realizing that I'm not able to fall asleep very quickly because I'm running through all the things I have to do in my mind. That doesn't stop me from spending plenty of time online though! :)