Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pass the Cough Syrup Please


This pretty much sums up what has been going around our house of late.  I've been sick with a cold ever since I got back from our trip to Idaho, compliments of the germ infested plane ride I'm sure.  And it's lingered and lingered and hasn't got the hint yet that I'd like it to pack up and leave. Instead Sawyer decided to take part in the runny nose, coughing, congested party and now Matt has joined the ranks too.  I'm crossing my fingers that all the people we have willingly come into contact with in the past week don't get it now as well. (If you suddenly get a sore throat, please don't hate me!)  Our time here is dwindling away and there are so many friends and family with whom we want to see so this annoying virus is really putting a damper on things. Finally after another restful  restless night I decided to take S and I to urgent care this morning to get things sorted out.  The doctor sent us packing with a list of antibiotics to get filled at the pharmacy. Turns out I have my very first sinus infection and poor little soyboy has his first ear infection. Yeah for firsts. Hopefully these delightful cherry flavored antibiotics will serve our infections with an eviction notice. I'm ready to feel like my normal self again because we've got LOTS of people to see, and things to do in the next 13 days!

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

Isn't getting sick the pits? Jett has come down with a cough and runny nose and I seem to be fighting off a sore throat. We are heading to the doctor's today, but it does put a damper on the packing party we have going on at our house. Hope you feel well soon!