Sunday, September 26, 2010

One More Week


Only 5 more days until Sawyer turns one year old and he already got his very first birthday card (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Hansen!)

We finally finished filling in his baby book. I didn't think it would ever get done because we never order prints anymore since all our photos are digital. The frame sizes in the book were really bizarre too so luckily Matt helped crop them so they would fit. We went through Sawyers whole last year in photos (all 3,000+ of them) and picked out our favorites. I wanted to have it done before his party so I can bring it and have everyone sign their name under the section about his first birthday.



I also came across these photos of Sawyer's grandpa Ed at age 1 and then a photo of Matt at age 1. Talk about similarity! And I don't mean just their features. They are both turned the same direction, wearing collared shirts, shorts, shoes and socks, and have their legs bent! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do the same with Sawyer and then put them all into a frame. Matt and I attempted to take his photo the other day but he was so squirmy the one on the right was the best we were able to get. He's got the collared shirt, the shorts, the shoes and socks, but his head is facing forward. Now the question is, is it worth it to try again? 
What do you think?


2 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Depends on whether or not you want to go through the torture of setting it all up again. They are cute as is! So is are the First Year pictures.

Shalee said...

Holy smokes! I can't believe he'll be one soon! Time flies when you're having fun! The three generations pictures are adorable! I think the one you took works. I didn't even notice the head facing part until you mentioned it!