Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cousins

"Cousin Jett, is it really YOU???" 


"I'm just not sure because the last time we met, you were so small. 
But then again, so was I." thoughts of Sawyer. 


Yep, there's no mistaking it. They are definitely family. They steal share toys, 



and even pacifiers. 



The friday after we got back from our vacation we got to hang out with my brother Ben and Chantal who were on their vacation in Palos Verdes. Ben had just gotten back from Afghanistan and we are very happy he's home!! But by how much Jett wanted to be held by his daddy when were there, I think he was even happier ;)



Their resort was amazing and we were able to use all the fun stuff there like the pool, 



and the slide. 
What crazy adults are waiting in line for the kiddie slide? 
Oh that would be Matt and I. Ben sneakily snapped a photo of us in line behind two little girls. 



After swimming we went to eat at where else, but.....(say it with me) Cafe Rio! No just kidding we actually for once didn't go there. Instead we went and ate our our 2nd most favorite place, The Habit. We had taken Ben and Chantal to the one in Santa Barbara before when we were both pregnant and Ben had been dreaming of it ever since. Their hamburgers are spectacular, not to mention their ranch dressing is heavenly. I think the people at the Northridge location actually know us now. That's just sad. Anyway, 
I tried to get a photo of the boys holding hands, but my timing was always off. They thoroughly enjoyed munching on fries together. 



With full tummies we then headed to the beach. 
Jett was in love with the sand! He couldn't get enough of it and kept wanting to put his hands and feet in it. 

My favorite nephew. 


He's such a cutie patootie!!


But how could he not be with such extremely good looking parents? 


Ben returned the favor and took one of us with the resort in the background. 



We ended out day together by swinging, well the boys did anyway. It would have been a tight fit for any of us to get our legs in there. 


We hope the Howell clan had as much fun with as we did with them. Thanks for letting us come play with you on the last day of your family vacation! 
Welcome Home Ben!

4 comments:

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Too cute!!! I love watching little ones interact! And I am a ranch fiend as well, and I love that you made a mention of the ranch b/c that will make or break a restaurant for me! :) Glad you got to have a great time with your brother and his cute family! PS regarding your comment, I was crying when they were talking about how nice Taylor was too, so I would have cried with the story you heard I'm sure! :)

HowellAZ said...

YAY! I'm so glad you posted these pics! I haven't made Ben sit down and figure out how to transfer your pictures into something we can post on the blog. Ha! I really enjoyed your post, and I enjoyed the real thing even more! Question: Are you going to be in Boise for Christmas?

Kent and Leisy said...

look at those little rugrats! It is still so weird to me that we all have children!! It looks like you guys had a blast.

Victoria said...

Next time you're at the Northridge Habit, come say hi!