Saturday, May 8, 2010

Michelle Marie a.k.a. mom, this one's for you.



Once upon a time there was a girl named Michelle
In a town called Idaho Falls is where she did dwell.
She loved to ride her bike and read lots of books
And had lots of boys eyeing her really good looks.
One in particular was a obnoxious kid Dave
In her seminary class he did rarely behave.
But then he straightened up and on a mission he went
She decided she liked him, but to what extent?
Her letters she wrote him ended just with sincerely,
they were only friends he could see very clearly.
However when he got back things began to progress,
And it wasn’t too long ‘til she wore a white dress.
Then they wondered what kind of child they’d create,
Blue eyes? blonde hair? they just couldn’t wait!
On September 12th they welcomed little boy Ben
A baby was so fun, they wanted to try it again!
And 22 months later they had Kristen Marie.
I’m so glad they did, because that is me!
Now you may wonder why I am telling their tale,
that very reason I’m about to unveil.
You see seven months ago I became a mom too
And saw I owed my mom a huge “THANK YOU!”
She made it look easy caring for four,
what I realize now is it’s kind of a chore.
To change dirty diapers and vomit and spit,
Waking up at all hours is sooooo not legit!
To think they’re all yours until birthday eighteen,
Equates to loads of time with the washing machine.
My eyes were opened to what being a mom means.
It’s a lot of dirty work done behind the scenes.
So now that I know what really goes on,
I’d like to thank my mom for those years foregone.
For the nights, when as a baby, all I did was scream
You’re a saint for not sending me in a basket downstream.
Same goes for as a kid when I caught every germ,
no matter the season, semester or term.
Then as a teenager when I liked to skip class,
I apologize for being such a pain in the....butt.
Really what I’m trying to say with this rhyme
Is thanks for being my mother full time.
Thanks for marrying my dad and starting a fam,
Without you doing that there'd be no “I am”
And it’s just not myself thanking you for all this,
Sawyer's glad too, because of you he exists.
Since I wasn’t able to send you a big flower bouquet
I hope this counts for wishing you “Happy Mothers Day!”

2 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

That was awesome! You are soooo talented. And you hit it right on the money (except you two are 22 months apart, but who was counting but it felt like 18). Thank you, thank you! I loved it!

HowellAZ said...

Nice job Kristen - I am always impressed with your talents! That was so much fun to read!