Thursday, May 6, 2010

Babies Extravaganza

Like I said previously, last night was a really great night spent with the hubs and Sawyer and here's why:

We went to the screening of Babies in Hollywood! It was presented by the Pump Station, which is a store I have yet to visit, but I check their blog frequently. It's the breastfeeding blog on my sidebar for any other moms who are interested. 


First we went to dinner at a place called Uwink. It's a restaurant in the mall on Hollywood boulevard and is not your average kind of place. You order your entire meal off a touch screen at your table that you can also play free games on while you wait. 




Sawyer thought the whole concept was so entertaining, 


he was doubled over with laughter.



He also thought swiping sweet potato fries off my plate when I wasn't paying attention was hilarious too. I'm not sure what's worse, having a kid that's gonna amount to only being a fry cook, or one that's already a fry crook. 


After dinner we headed to the movie where the first 50 moms wearing their babies in slings scored a swag bag. Originally we were going to have Matt's mom babysit little S. for us so we could go to the movie sans baby, but when we heard about the giveaway we took a raincheck on the babysitting since we needed the little guy to win us some goodies! There was a drawing too where 6 moms also won HUGE  gift baskets. 

The movie was great. I highly recommend it. We were laughing through the whole thing. I think the 30+ babies in the audience thoroughly enjoyed it as well since we didn't so much as hear a peep out of them during the whole thing! It's not everyday you can take your seven month old to the movies so it was a fun experience. And being in Hollywood with all the sights to see, most of which were weird people walking around, made for one very sleepy Sawyer. He fell asleep during the middle of the movie and didn't wake up til' morning. Now that's a happy ending. 

2 comments:

Spencer and Erin said...

Hey there!!! Don't worry I randomly found your blog!! Your little guy is adorable!!! How are you guys doing??

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, I totally want to see that movie so bad! It looks adorable!