Tuesday, January 5, 2010

King of Spit Up

Sawyer has a serious case of regurgitating his food like a little bird. Which wouldn't be a huge deal since I realize it's a common occurrence for babies to spit up, why else would I have been given a bunch of burp clothes at my baby shower (which I may need a dozen more of by the way). The real problem was that a lot of the time it was causing him serious pain. He would wake up out of a dead sleep screaming his little head off. At first I thought it was because he couldn't handle dairy so I stopped eating milk products. Easier said than done. I'll take eating gluten free any day over missing out on golden spoon frozen yogurt! Anyway it wasn't anything I was eating, turns out that instead he has acid reflux. Since he had projectile spit up a few times the doctor prescribed him Zantac, but we weren't sold on the idea of giving him something so strong. Instead we saw a chiropractor who showed us how to manipulate his tummy in such a way so that the contents in there don't try coming back up the pipe they came down in (real medical definition I know.) It seems to help and he even starts smiling in the process so it must make him feel better! But I thought I should document how much this little guy liked to shower me with his partially digested meals. Boy am I gonna miss walking around smelling like sour milk all the time. It's my favorite.


Me making my "oh no you didn't" face.

Notice front of black shirt looking like someone threw their milk shake at me.

After documenting my sprayed shirt I thought I would try taking an actual decent photo of the two of us. Would have been perfect if the little guy was looking at the camera.

Take two.


Unbelievable.


Can anyone spare a wet wipe?



8 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Dad and I laughed and laughed!! You'll have to talk to Ben - he took it a step further. While he was flying Jett around through the air - over his face...

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! The things kids make you go through. Just wait.... spitting up in your mouth is right around the corner. LOL

Sven & Trin said...

You are so cute. This is hilarious. I laughed out loud just now and I have tears in my eyes. Thank you.

And, sorry.

The Nielsons said...

Poor both of you! Yuck! I am not looking forward to spit up again and can't even imagine 10x worse! It's funny you caught it all on camera and will be able to blackmail Sawyer with it later on :) Good luck!

kimberly said...

It was way fun catching up on all your posts! Isn't it crazy what a difference a year can make! I love how you went back to the same spots to take pics - very clever! And I love the pics of Matt and Sawyer - wow is he his father's son or what! I LOVE the pictures of Sawyer smiling with his little tongue out, he is so dang cute :) And all the outakes are hilarious! Gotta love all the bodily fluids that come with kiddos lol!

HowellAZ said...

Ha ha - gotta love it! That was a great post...maybe you should look in to a career in documentaries, you definitely have a eye for 'catching the moment'.
On a side note, hope you had a great Christmas and New Years. Glad you enjoyed the gifts, you must've been on Santa's good list last year. :)

kimberly said...

I just read ur comment on my blog. You better not be messing with me :) I would be sooo excited if you came to visit! We'll get our little one home, and then I better see you at my door pronto lol!

Lauryl said...

Zantac works for our little guy, but we give it to him in very small doses mixed in pear sauce. Also, we sleep him in that great wedge at an angle. Miracle!