Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blanket Genes


I think I was born with a blanket obsession. Knit ones, quilted ones, fleecy, silky, quillo ones. I don't discriminate when it comes to blankets. And I just assume that other people love them as much. I always tucked my cabbage patch dolls in with their blankets, I still make sure Moxie has her special one all fluffed up before she goes into her crate to sleep, and I always bring a blanket for Sawyer whenever we go out. 



For me by blanket preference is and has always been to sleep with them wrapped around my head at night, kind of like a turban. Just ask my mom, any of my  former roommates and now my husband who all know of this sleeping ritual. To some it's probably pretty funny looking. To me it's comforting.  My eyes are covered, my ears are covered, I'm all warm, cozy and get the best zzzz's ever that way. 


Matt snapped this the other day while we were napping. This red fleece blanket is usually wrapped 'round my head at night, but during nap time it's not always necessary.  Sawyer may look like Matt, but he's definitely my kid when it comes to blankies. Is there such a gene that could be passed on? The blanket loving chromosome perhaps. All I have to do is put one over his eyes if he's sleepy and it's over. As soon as those little peepers are covered he konks out!



 I give him a blanket and he'll pull it up over his face. Soooooooo my child. 

What can we say? We know what we like and we really like blankets!

No comments: