Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Solution for Lazy Dogs

It came as no surprise to me today when Moxie gave up on our walk, sprawled out on the sidewalk and refused to get up. In the past I would have just picked her up and carried her home which is something I even did when I was nine months pregnant (I'm sure that was a sight to see!) Anytime the temperature is above 80 degrees she has a time span of about 15 minutes that she'll walk and then not a minute more. Today must have been 81 degrees so I should have known it was destined to be a short walk for the pooch. I wasn't about to carry her so my options were…

a) Drag her across the ground like a mop and let her body sweep away all the fall leaves off the sidewalk.

b) Abandon her there with the leash and hope she would eventually find her way home.

0r

c)
It worked like a charm. She stayed there the rest of the way home and all parties involved ended up content and happy.

7 comments:

THE NELSONS said...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Victoria said...

That is funny. Good thing she's a small dog!

Naylor Family said...

Haha, that's great! How nice that you have a Bob. I can only dream of that! Haha! Justin thought it was ridiculous to spend $160 on my double jogger....if he only knew. I think it's just the fact that I have 5 or 6 strollers and a bike trailer that he didn't like! haha! Glad to hear you are nursing Sawyer, it can be a pain, but keep with it, it gets much better. Once they start eating fruits and veggies-at about 6 months it becomes a breeze. Don't give up. It's definatly worth saving the money, and a lot less things to have to worry about having in the diaper bag!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Silly doggie. I liked the mopping up the leaves idea. She didn't seem to have a problem with that as long as she didn't have to walk in the heat.

HowellAZ said...

Do you think Buddy would fit in there?
BTW, love the sling (and the hot chili pepper)...you'll have to show me how to use mine. I can't seem to get it tight enough. Of course, by the time I figure it out he'll be too big to carry around. Oh wait, he's practically already there!
Can't wait for the cousins to meet!

The Nielsons said...

So you're dealing with two kids now? Too funny-she is a spoiled dog.

Sven & Trin said...

I tried picturing my 75lb dog in a baby stroller just now. Not a pretty sight.

Also, I was at the half-mile track a while ago and I was laughing to myself at this woman with a stroller. She had two children in their seats, and then she had some sort of tiny dog in the little underneath pocket. She was strolling all three of them around the track until she let the dog out for a minute to go potty.
I don't think that actually counts as "walking your dog." What do you say?