Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Both Matt and I had quite the weekend! He flew to Alabama to be a groomsmen in his friends wedding. I was planning on staying put at home, but suddenly had the urge to fly the coop. Sawyer and I hitched a ride with my brother Ben who works in Victorville, but lives in Arizona and was going home for the weekend. We got in around midnight on Friday night and I got to see my baby nephew Jett for the first time when he was sound asleep in his crib. I couldn't stop laughing when I laid eyes on him because he looked like a miniature Ben!

Here Mini Matt and Mini Ben -otherwise known as Sawyer and Jett-meet for the first time.


Sawyer looks like he is saying "Who are you?"

But it no time they were best buddies and were linking arms.

I called one of my besties Kim who also lives in Arizona and whom I hardly ever get to see and said "guess where I am!" She came over on Saturday with her daughter Kiya and all the girlies went to lunch.

Kiya checking out the baby. Her mom is going to have a baby girl in February and Kiya is gonna be a great big sister.

Chantal and I at the best place on earth for Mexican food...Cafe Rio. I'm not usually a big fan of mexican cuisine, but their shredded pork salad is scrumptious.


My first outing as a mom with other moms. It was a lot of fun! Ben was originally going to join us, but thought it would look a little fishy him being the only man in the group with 3 women, a toddler, 2 babies, and one on the way! So he and Jett opted to stay home on this one.

Proudly showing off our offspring. There are 4 babies in this picture one of which is in Kim's tummy at the moment.

Saturday night Ben took us to Tempe marketplace to grab some dinner and roll the cousins around in their Bob's. We ate outside and the babies slept pretty much the whole time. There was a moment while Chantal and I were gone ordering food that Ben had to go from stroller to stroller popping binky's in their mouths. I wonder if people thought the poor guy was alone with twins!

Chantal's Dad got them a Bob stroller and Matt's mom and grandma got us one. They are super deluxe jogging strollers that we obviously couldn't have afforded on our own. We might never own a BMW, but our babies get to cruise around in style.

At one point their neighbor brought over their 3 week old daughter for us to watch for twenty minutes. There was babies galore! Boy am I thankful I only had one, and not 3 at once.

Sawyer showing Jett how to catch some Zzzzz's in his crib. Why he will sleep in Jett's crib and not his own at home beats me!

The weekend was a fast one, but I still was able to see Aunt Rosie on Sunday. She drove down from Payson to come meet Sawyer for the first time. It was a lot of fun visiting with her for a few hours before we had to leave Sunday evening to head back to California. There were still a lot of other people I would have liked to see, but it was such an impromptu road trip there wasn't enough time. Hopefully we'll get to go again soon.

Thanks Ben for letting me and a crying baby take over your backseat. Thanks too Chantal for setting up a room for us equipped with a bassinet and a changing table. You guys are the best!

6 comments:

rachel garber said...

WHAT!? You were here and didn't even text me a hello!? I saw Sawyer pre-actual human, I want to see the live version! I may forgive you someday . . .

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Looks like so much fun crammed in to one weekend. Cute little stink bugs.

HowellAZ said...

Love all the pics! Email pleeeezzee! It was so much fun having you over for the weekend. Come again sometime...you could even bring Matt. In fact, I'm sure he'd love to sit in the back seat with Sawyer for the 6 hr drive, right?!?

Naylor Family said...

Too bad it was so impromptu! Hopefully next time we can meet up! I'd love to see you and Sawyer sometime. If Ben makes that drive again soon, let me know! Rachel and I will have to come see you! Glad you had fun!

kimberly said...

I had sooo much fun seeing you Friday!! It seriously was the best surprise EVER when you called me Saturday morning, it made my whole weekend! I was thinking to myself on the way home that the three of us would have so much fun together if you lived here! We just need to lower Matt's body temp lol! I love the pics of Jet and Sawyer, their going to be such good little friends! PS thanks for emailing me those pics!!!

kimberly said...

By the way you look sooo good! I kept thinking about that the whole afternoon but never said it :) I was thinking back to after I had Kiya and how I just didn't have things together! You on the other hand are so together you don't even look like you just had a baby! Maybe I can follow in your footsteps with this next one ;) PS the comment about Ben and the binkies and two babies made me laugh, so funny and cute! It was fun to see Ben as a dad, you can tell he's such a good dad!