Friday, August 7, 2009

Matt's 29!

August 5th, Matt turned 29. It was pretty low key this year since for one it was right smack in the middle of the week on a Wednesday and secondly next year he is going to have a big blow out party for the big
3-0 (unbeknownst to Matt who I think would protest to that idea). Earlier this year we got him a new spiffy bicycle which due to the expense we said was going to be his birthday/christmas present. I used to pull that trick on my parentals as a kid and say if you get this for me now you don't have to get me a Christmas present, cuz secretly I knew I would still get a gift on Christmas morning. And sure enough on the day of Matt's bday I felt bad not having at least a little something for him to unwrap so I went and made a purchase I swore I'd never do....I bought a movie. Ahhh, the horror! Matt used to collect movies when he was single, then he married a meanie who thought spending money on movies that you only watch once or twice anyway is just silly. But I had seen the twinkle in his eye when he saw that Coraline was coming out on DVD with 3D glasses. So I caved, got it on my lunch break, wrapped it up in computer paper from work and decorated it with my highlighter and sharpie. It was a hit! After he opened it, we went to In N Out for a super fancy dinner and then the $3 theater to watch Star Trek (it was HIS birthday, so I didn't make a peep about the choice of movie :) Turns out, he loved that movie too and mentioned something the next day about buying it. Ay yi yi. Well maybe if he's especially lucky he'll get that to unwrap for Christmas this year.

1 comment:

Jason & Shannon said...

A) Coraline is AWESOME!
B) Star Trek is also AWESOME!
C) Jason collected movies before we were married too, he doesn't do it as much, but we will go buy some from pawn shops when we are up in Montana, they are usually only about $4.