Saturday, December 13, 2008

Star light, Star Bright...There's a Meteor shower tonight!






The peak of the Geminids meteor shower is tonight December 13, 2008. It starts as soon as it's dark enough to see the constellation of Gemini around mid evening, but the by far best time to watch is at 2AM til dawn when you should see one every 30 seconds!!! Bundle up it's gonna be cold!!! Nothing is more perfect then laying out under the night sky with some hot cocoa and counting shooting stars. 

I can't wait! It's gonna be spectacular!

Check out this website for more info on it. 
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message684292/pg1

I'm hoping to count at least 500!

3 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

That sounds wonderful! Last night we were out to view the biggest moon since 1997 (do I have my facts right...something like that). Merry early Christmas!

Emily said...

Dang it. I missed it. Cool picture though. I hope you enjoyed it!

HowellAZ said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for your comment about Max. I'm also glad you were able to see him at Thanksgiving. What sweet hound ears those were!!!
Hope you guys have a great Christmas. We are headed to snow country at my mom's cabin. I am already shivering!