Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Gwanpa!!!


My Grandpa has a first name, it’s L-A-R-R-Y
He’s not just my grandpa, but a very special guy
Now I have to take a minute to brag about this man
He is super talented and can paint even better than,
That one eared dude Van Gogh and even Claude Monet
You should see his work, you’d be asking how much to pay!
He even taught me how, when I was eight or nine,
To paint with acrylics a forest full of pine.

My grandpa likes to have a lot of fun
And do all kinds of things outdoors in the sun
Like the camping trips each year at Rock Creek
Where we’d play in the dirt for at least a week.
We’d roast marshmallows and play in the fire with sticks
And at night look up at the stars in a transfix.
Sleeping in my grandpa’s trailer was my favorite part
Until that is the top bunk and I had to stay apart.
One time I had tossed and turned all night
And ended up giving my grandparents a fright. 
I eventually had fallen right out of bed
And needless to say I bonked my head :0



When I was a kid Christmas was the best
Spent at Grandma and Grandpa’s in the Midwest.
We’d celebrate all night on Christmas Eve
And were happier (mostly) to give gifts then to receive.
Grandpa usually was the one behind the lens,
Videotaping all of us unwrapping in a frenz.
Thanks to my grandpa we have lots of family flicks
Not to mention boxes of funny, priceless pix.

Now Grandpa I hope your birthday is the best
And that it by far tops all the rest.
If I could, I’d fly you to Germany or France
Or perhaps a cruise to Fiji where there’s exotic plants
Even a big expensive party I would throw for you,
And keep it a surprise so you wouldn’t have a clue.
Sadly though all those things I can’t afford to do.
I’m just a poor kid that has school to get through.
I’ll still wish though that I could buy you an international flight
Because anyway they always say it’s the thought that counts….right?




4 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Hey, I recognize that guy! I love the BD poems and pics - so personalized. Where did you get all that talent??

HowellAZ said...

Its true...you are very talented. Loved the poem!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I really like the tribute you gave to your Grandpa and the one for your mother. When are you going to do one for your dear, old papa?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the poem and the pictures. Enjoy all of your Blog stuff. g-pa