Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Survey


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Oh boy, now that is a toughie! How 'bout hot chocolate with egg nog creamer in it? Mmmmm the best of both worlds!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves presents out unwrapped Christmas morning. All wrapped ones under the tree are from family. 

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White is more classy looking. Colored ones are good for the tree.  

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have before, but this year might be a first! 

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I feel like it. This year I put them up super early.....right after Halloween!!!


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Those orange veggies with marshmellows on them (can't remember if they are yams or sweet potatoes) And of course olives that I can stick on all 10 of my fingers. 

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Too many good ones to choose from! I would have to say all the years spent at my Grandparents house in Idaho Falls and going sledding and playing in the snow with cousins.  

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 8 years old and went and told my mom all proud  "I finally figured it out!! The Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause and God all live together somewhere!" Yeah, my mom thought it would be good to break the news to me at that point!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all the gifts under the tree on Christmas Eve and then the next morning the ones from Santa would be next to our stocking. 

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? So far with Matt each year we have picked out one or two Christmas ornaments that we like and write the date on the bottom of them. I think we have only about 10 so far, but they all hold meaning. So each year we put them on the tree we can remember the year we got them. 

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Absolutely love it. Wish it was here for me to play in. 


12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Anyone that grew up in Utah or Idaho and can't iceskate should be ashamed of themselves. 



13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My brother Ben got me a super cool troll with hot pink hair when I was 8. It was the envy of all the other 3rd graders. Oh yeah and my easy bake oven was pretty sweet. 

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting together with family to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peanut Butter pie!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having a Christmas program on Christmas Eve where we each do something that we picked out whether it's a song, a poem, a story that we read. 

17. What tops your tree? Nothing this year. 

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving!! Only it's getting harder and harder to pick out gifts I've noticed for the men in my life. They all like electronics and gadgets that are too expensive!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh soooooo many good ones. I like 'breathe of heaven' a lot this year. It's on my page at the bottom if you've never heard it before. But I also can't go the holiday season without listening to 'O Holy night'. That one gives me chills every time!

20. What is your favorite Christmas story? The birth of Christ tops them all of course! But I also like the Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Anderson. 

No comments: