Sunday, November 30, 2008

From Dusk to Dawn


Yesterday
 4:00 PM
Shopped at Costo with the other half million people who were there and the Twilight book ended up in our cart out of curiousity. I've been wanting know why all my friends have put crazy fan things on their blogs like countdowns until the movie came out, pics of what characters they are most like, what characters their husbands most resemble, etc. All of it kind of boggeled my mind so I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I highly doubted that I would get as deeply involved in it and figured I would just read the book here and there through the next month in my spare time. 

5:00 PM
Laid down on our bed with the book to read the first chapter.

5:25 PM
Matt (calling from the living room): How is it?
Kristen: It's pretty good. 

6:00 PM
Matt: Still reading?
Kristen: Yeah. It's reeeeaaaaalllly good!

6:45 PM
Matt: Aren't you hungry?
Kristen (grossly involved): Huh?
Matt: Don't you wanna eat something for dinner?
Kristen: Oh....yeah I guess.

7:00 PM
Cooked dinner. 





7:30 PM 
Ate while reading. Didn't realize I was capable of multi tasking like that. 


8:00 PM
Got ready for bed and managed to put the book down while I washed my face and brushed my teeth. 

10:00 PM 
Went to bed and Matt managed to fall asleep with light on so I could keep reading. 


11:32 PM
Finished book. 

Okay, I get it now. I'm officially as obsessed as the rest of you. 

9 comments:

Emily said...

They even get better! Okay, well, I wasn't a huge fan of the last book. I love the picture of you reading and cooking!

rachel garber said...

woohoo! i knew it was only a matter of time . . .

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

You crack me up! Way to cave in. Doesn't cooking totally get in the way of reading if the book is a good one?? Maybe you should put Matt on cooking duty especially on the weekends.

Sven & Trin said...

Dang it, girl. Am I going to have to read it now, too? And see why everyone is being so rediculous about it? You totally left me hanging, Kristen.

Victoria said...

Ha ha. You crack me up :). I'm still in the dark about "Twilight".

kimberly said...

Mariehead! I'm so proud of you :) You ARE so talented, I always knew that though. Although, I can't figure out why you couldn't read while washing your face, I do it all the time :)

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm going to have to contradict emily. I think the books actually get worse. One was great. two was good. three bugged me. I hated four!

Sheila said...

Hahaha- that is awesome :) Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that had to read it the whole way through the same day I got it!

Dylan + Belen Yettick said...

Ha! I've been meaning to comment on your obsessive Twilight reading and I furiously went through the Twilight saga quite quickly too! You are not alone but I'm beginning to think that there should be a support group for us crazies! :D Ha! I just pre-ordered my Special Edition Twilight DVD from Borders! Anyway, enjoy the saga!