Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy 28th Year to Mattarooski

Matt turned 28 at 9:36 p.m. this past Tuesday. Exactly as the second hand on the clock hit that sixth minute he looked a whole year older and wiser!  I wanted to do something special for his birthday cuz you know you only turn 28 once in your life so I baked him a double layer chocolatey chocoholic  concoction of a cake and even let him eat a slice on his birthday eve. The next day after I dropped him off at the train station before work I came back home and decorated the apartment at lightspeed before I jetted off to work as well. Thank you dollar store for all your cheap birthday decorations! His birthday theme was Finding Nemo (hence why they were all at the dollar store since that movie is like 5 years old now). I got him a card and a mug that I decorated and you can see my attempt at decorating the apartment in the pics below. The whole thing was pretty fishy. Literally. 



 Right when he walked in the door after riding home on his bike. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
My somewhat presentable cake. The little nubbins all around it are flower cupcakes. Not a very manly cake, but cute. 




August 5



You have many talents, and you are great at sharing those talents with others.
Most people would be jealous of your clever intellect, but you're just too likeable to elicit jealousy.
Progressive and original, you're usually thinking up cutting edge ideas.
Quick witted and fast thinking, you have difficulty finding new challenges.

I found that on-line about people whose birthday is August 5 and it is Matt to a T! He is incredibly intelligent, yet never makes me feel silly even in my blonde moments when I ask dumb questions...and there are a lot of them! A lot of things come easy to him like working with numbers, but he was still so incredibly patient with me last semester when I had to take Chemistry and couldn't remember even basic Algebra! He spent hours at night helping me get the hang of it. One of the things too that really attracted me to him when we first met was his quick witted sense of humor. He's always making me laugh  and knows he's really on a roll when I snort. That's what he likes to refer to as the "piggly wigglies coming out" And once they are out, there's no going back!  He is extremely talented at graphic design and recently used his talents to make my sister Megan's wedding invitation. I was amazed at what he created! Here is what my handsome hubby made and I have to show it off because I think he did such an incredible job!










3 comments:

HowellAZ said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I really need to get everyone's birthday on a calendar and send out a card, or at least an e-card. Hee hee. I really have to say that you two are the queen and king of 'funny cake' faces. In fact, I fear for some of the cakes in pictures with you!
BTW - FANTASTIC job on the invitation!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

The belated BD card is on its way...Wish we could have helped blow out all 28 candles on your cake - were there candles on your cake??

Jason & Shannon said...

Happy late birthday!! The cake looks delicious! Great job!